AT pro or MX sport

kq9dx

I am getting ready to buy a new detector. I am really leaning towards the AT Pro but like the display of the MX Sport. I am a little concerned about the lack of depth on the AT Pro. I would lean more towards the MX Sport except for the cost difference. I am mostly into coin and Jewelry hunting. Anyone have any experience with both machines? thoughts? Who has the best deals going on these machines?

Hello Neighbor!

I take it being water proof is important to you? If so you are probably looking at the right choices for that price range. If not, there are a ton of options available, and each have their benefits.

On the depth issue, I will say that you might want to look into NEL coils for the ATP, as a lot of people seem to swear by them. Keep in mind that at many sites small coils and a fast recovery are more important that depth, otherwise all you may find are fields full of nails. A small coil for trashy areas and a large coil for depth are a common pairing for many detectorists.

I feel I should mention that there are pretty strong rumors of a new type of detector coming from a couple of companies this year. Of course you have to decide if you want to wait forever for the newest thing (and who knows what the price will be).

As for non-waterproof options, there are a ton, but in that price range you might also look at the Makro Racer, the Fisher F75, or Teknetics T2.

Hopefully some people with more experience with the ATPro and MX Sport chime in with their experience. I don't think you will go wrong with any of these machines however.

Whatever you buy, make sure you call a forum sponsor and ask them what they can do for you.

Can't speak for the mx sport,but I can for the at pro..Henry ford sold millions of model t cars because they just flat out worked...30.06 rifles sold and still sell by the millions,they work.Ill go out on a limb and say the At pro has probably surpasssed every machine made in sales,because it works...And it holds its resell value better than any machine to date.
I think the at pro is the best machine ever made,but that's my personal preference.It just works,and will continue to work.Never owning a mx sport,I don't think I'd take a new one over a used at pro.jmo

Had a ATPRO...didn't go deep enough. Here in Florida the dirt is 80% sand and everything sinks deep. That machine rarely found stuff past 8 inches. F75 goes 12-14 all day long....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Can't say for the at pro, never owned one. However I bought an mx sport, and I'm loving it. I have picked out dimes up to 8 inches on occasion, average being easily 6.5 to 7 inches in Kentucky soil. Love the different programs such as the relic, prospecting and coin and jewelry. Big screen for us old folks. Completely waterproof up to 10 ft. Also has beach and saltwater modes although I haven't tried them. I did find a small ladies flat button, about the size if the tip of your pinky finger at 7.5 inches. Lots of options for the price. Also, whites has impeccable customer service. My two cents.

Back
Top Bottom