Springfield, Illinois for a week

flysar

Visiting my son and his family for a week. Plan to get out a couple times to detect any tips where I might find some silver would be great.
I see they have some old parks so that's my first stop provided there are no restrictions. Any known rules on public schools?
Thank you

Visiting my son and his family for a week. Plan to get out a couple times to detect any tips where I might find some silver would be great.
I see they have some old parks so that's my first stop provided there are no restrictions. Any known rules on public schools?
Thank you

Some one else said that you don't need premsion for schools since it's a public place but even on the weekend I wouldn't feel right. I mean look at some of the public high schools they have walk through metal detectors and a sercuity force

Last edited:
I detect public schools a lot, without permission, I was just curious regarding the Springfield schools; any rules saying you can't metal detect.

I happen to know that Lincoln's former home is in Springfield but I'd advise not detecting there, tempting as it is. Otherwise a surgeon might be using a detector to find pieces of lead in your body. LOL

Sorry, had to get a wise#@* comment in. Sorry, I really don't know any place there. Try your son's yard and see if you can find out if it is allowed in the local parks.

I happen to know that Lincoln's former home is in Springfield but I'd advise not detecting there, tempting as it is. Otherwise a surgeon might be using a detector to find pieces of lead in your body. LOL

Sorry, had to get a wise#@* comment in. Sorry, I really don't know any place there. Try your son's yard and see if you can find out if it is allowed in the local parks.

Very tempting but I'll pass. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom