Detecting on LRA property in St.Louis?

KSM

Does anyone know if it's legal to detect on LRA (land reutilization authority) owned lots in St.Louis?

Just go ahead...I dont think anybody would give one diddlydamn...I'd more worry about the indigents than the authorities in any dying city nowadays...You can talk your way out of the one, but have to shoot your way out of the other...

Does anyone know if it's legal to detect on LRA (land reutilization authority) owned lots in St.Louis?

Well, I don't tell this to too many people but .... it is I, yes I, that own all those LRA lots in St. Louis. As such, I authorize you to hunt them.

If anyone gripes, just tell them you're looking for the wedding ring you lost their last month. And tell them "Tom_in_CA" said you could. Good luck !:D

I saw on the TV show 'Abandoned' re St Louis...Empty schools all over the place, neighborhoods just empty of life...Thats all I could think about too...getting in there and back out again possibly...

I saw on the TV show 'Abandoned' re St Louis...Empty schools all over the place, neighborhoods just empty of life...Thats all I could think about too...getting in there and back out again possibly...

I would't go alone. Downtown StL is a rough place. I would even want to go with friends. Even the older MD club wants a new safer meeting place.

Be careful now days every bit of land is owned by someone. And if you don't get premsion. You could be arrested for trespassing and have you equipment confiscated in worst case sonario

not enough money in the world for me to ever go back to st louie. I pulled over in east st louie ( my wife told me to get a room there rather than drive to ft leonardwood) . b !!!!. aint staying here. that was a !!!!!! night. :( st louie wasn much better:( after a $300 4 hour stay at the Hilton by the arch, me and my diesel were back on the road. thanks dear.

Detecting club

I would't go alone. Downtown StL is a rough place. I would even want to go with friends. Even the older MD club wants a new safer meeting place.

The main reason i haven't joined their club is where they meet, not a area i feel safe in. Would love to hunt in a club some times if they move their meetings.

The law down there would be the least of your worries , getting out alive with your equipment and car would be.:laughing:

Yep! Theres places here I have not been able to hunt for going on 3yrs...(Heroin epidemic)...Anyway, I used to be able to roll in early mornings during a sleet storm every November and do right well...but not any more...addicts out wandering around at all hours, and weather doesnt seem to matter...I drive through hoping for a window of opportunity, but so far, the last 3yrs...its a NO GO ZONE....

St .Louis City

While the thought of how much history and old coins are in the area ,you have to weigh the safty issue. The crime rate and murder rate are out of control. I won't even hunt in Forest park which has the 1904 World fair history because of the number of car break ins.

The main reason i haven't joined their club is where they meet, not a area i feel safe in. Would love to hunt in a club some times if they move their meetings.

I think they did move them to a high school or something I read in ther newsletter. Did you here about the new club it's only a year old

when I was trying to leave the Hilton to get to fort leanordwood, I asked the people at the desk how to get back to the highway. no one knew how to get there. the janitor said he went through that part of town 20 years ago. (its a 20 minute drive) he told me to run every red light. no cops. keep speeding. you should find the highway. true story.:shock: nice area once out of st loiee

metal detecting clubs

I think they did move them to a high school or something I read in ther newsletter. Did you here about the new club it's only a year old

No i haven't heard of any new clubs in the area ,and haven't checked the old ones site yet this year. I live out in St. Charles county and had no desire to go into the area they were meeting in ,not safe. I will have to check thier site again for imformation. I know they didn't do much during the winter. It might be fun to hut with a club occasionally usally it is just me and the dog.

Back
Top Bottom