CTX 3030 vs Minelab Etrac

I always did better calling targets with Etrac,,,I saw fewer 12-44s on Etrac,,vs CTX.
12-43,, on CTX could be silver dime or clad.
CTX does run more stable site for site especially in auto plus 3 sens.
Never did see a 29 in etrac's window running auto plus 3,,,seen it s lot with CTX,,even a few 30s.
Like them both,,would like both better if they were a pound lighter.

Of course I could have my wires crossed,,,CTX may be seeing coin condition better than Etrac,,,and this is showing up in TID. But Inalways inspected the coins dug with CTX,,and didn't see a pattern here.

Listening Minelab??

This has been my exact experience as well. With the etrac I knew when I had silver but with the ctx a silver dime and a clad dime seem to come in very close to one another. 12-43 is an annoying number to get because it could be a copper penny or it could be a dime.. for me its been about half and half... if the number jumps up to 12-44 usually its a dime if it goes down to 12-42 then 43 I call it a copper penny.

Do I regret my purchase? nope not by a longshot
CTX seems to run stable in auto +3 and hotter than what the etrac ran.
With the etrac I always felt I was loosing depth because the sensitivity would sometimes drop down to 14 in my favorite spots.

Noteworthy* the etrac will most likely find any target the CTX can in ground that is not infested with iron. ferrous coin and combined mode give ctx the advantage in the iron.

My only wish is that the CTX had some variability settings that the etrac did

Back
Top Bottom