Thank you First Texas/BH.

dgerst

There's customer service, then there's Bounty Hunter. I have a Discovery 3300 I purchased at a pawn shop some 8 or 10 years ago. Recently the internal speaker came loose. Still worked. Just rattling around loose inside the case. Besides, I don't use the speaker anyway. But I got tired of the rattle and decided to peel the keypad membrane, unscrew the cover, and glue it back in. As luck and my own ineptitude would have it, I broke the ribbon cable connection on the membrane.

I called Bounty Hunter and explained what I had done. They said it should be about 30 bucks for the membrane and an hour of labor at $15, and that they'd call me with a total after they looked at it. Still far cheaper than a new 3300 so I sent it in. Last Friday. It arrived today, seven days later. It's tuned up and as good as new, ID'ing coins in my test garden at least as deep as my DFX or Treasure Baron. No repair charge. No return shipping fee. Nothing.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. Thank you Bounty Hunter.

Last edited:
Great customer service is hard to beat!

Oldest find- 1968 clad quarter in my front yard!

Always good to hear about good customer service. No gouging, fast, and more than fair pricing is how you grow your market.
Way to go Bounty Hunter! :thumbsup: It's the kind of thing you don't forget.

Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics. All the same company. I have always had great service with them on anything I needed repaired. My only problem was that they returned I by Fed Ex and the woman left a notice on my mailbox without even checking to see if I was home. I had to take off work the next day to get it.

These folks kept me detecting for years.

Bounty Hunter was my first detector. I upgraded by accident to a F75. I have sent the F75 in for tune ups and upgrades.

Usually about a week turn around. Was given some great advice on how to store and care for the detector. Box always had some freebies and I still use them today.

Dust and rain covers for control boxes and coils a must. I have taken my detectors to some really harsh environments and they took a beating and keep on working. The reason for the tune ups.

I always tell folks if your getting into the hobby, try First Texas. Buy new, and get a warranty.

Back
Top Bottom