Improperly equipped and envious of others

Logo1924

On vacation for the first time in years, and I figured I'd do some detecting on the beach. Sadly, my baby ACE 200 can't handle wet sand. I planned to stick to the dry parts of the beach and cover the area where cars park in the sand. Turns out it's going to rain every single day I'm in Florida. So I'm just sitting around watching other fellow detecters pan the beach with their beach detectors. Wonder if those people are on these forums lol, good luck to them I guess.. One of them had the AT Pro and a super fancy sand scoop, I couldn't see the others too well. At least I found plenty of shells... Anyone else ever try detecting a wet beach with a detector that isn't meant to do that? So far I found 4 pennies, a nickel, and a dime. But all of that was in mostly dry sand.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The wet sand is not good for anything but a PI or multi-frequency VLF. Stay in the dry and put a cover on your Ace for the rain. It's been a miserable week down here.

The wet sand is not good for anything but a PI or multi-frequency VLF. Stay in the dry and put a cover on your Ace for the rain. It's been a miserable week down here.
I'll be lucky if there is any sand that is dry! I have a zip lock bag that I throw over my detector is that good enough? Also, I had no idea Florida had a "rainy season."

Wet sand from rain is fine.
Salt water is conductive and tricks the detector.
Stay above the high tide line and get that loot!

It is?? Well that changes things a bit..

Add to your post count and enter the contest to win all the fancy beach and land equipment you need. On the contest page of this forum.

Thanks for the tip! I just might do that!

If you still want to detect the wet sand, turn sensitively down a bit and look for signals you can repeat from many directions.

I have tried that and I seem to be able to go 20+ minutes without a signal. I think that's about the point I figured it wasn't working for me.

Where in Florida are you vacationing ?

I'm on Daytona beach! First time I've been here.. 95% of the beach is undetectable for me if I can't go below the high tide mark

Throw a coin down to get a feel for a real signal mixed in with the false.

If there is something there it'll hit.

I've got a Sand Shark PI that'll be up for sale once I hit 200 posts.

I found jewely every day for a week. Ocean City NJ. Dry sand only with ATP. Look where they might play volley ball, horse shoes, ice cream man. You can do it !

Throw a coin down to get a feel for a real signal mixed in with the false.

If there is something there it'll hit.

I've got a Sand Shark PI that'll be up for sale once I hit 200 posts.

I will have to do that. I have some change laying around. It seems like all my false signals aren't repeatable, I guess I'll see if there's some truth to that tomorrow.

Welcome to Florida. Daytona is heavily hunted. Try a nearby little less popular area. Maybe New Smyrna, enjoy the hunt.

Good Luck on your vacation, I know we need someone to turn off this rain and T storms, water levels are insane..I've not been out in almost a week. And I know Craig is going crazy, not seen him out in a month...And where is Earl? He get washed away...:stormy:

Back
Top Bottom