Need date help on seated dime

Volksman

I found this dime recently and as you can see it’s pretty beat up but I’m curious about the date. I thought I saw someone on here with some sort of acid solution that can bring a date out.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• F18F6FC0-7DFD-45FA-89E3-D535E67C940E.jpg
    F18F6FC0-7DFD-45FA-89E3-D535E67C940E.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 483
I don’t see any evidence that it’s a dime at all. Is the edge reeded? Does the other side have an indication that it’s a coin?

How can you tell it's a dime? LOL

I couldn’t! When I posted it to a Facebook group someone told me what it was and pointed out some details that I could then see. I had it oriented correctly when I took the picture so that helped.

I circled the area where you can see the flag pole with part of the arm, and the hand on the pole.

Attachments

• 5796E068-F4D0-4836-8524-0EBFAF93D97F.jpg
    5796E068-F4D0-4836-8524-0EBFAF93D97F.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 283
Good luck. That looks worse than some beach finds. The dents, gouges and nicks are out of bounds on that. I would've probably guessed it was a conduit punchout and trashed it.

I can picture the arm if I use my imagination but it could also be incidental markings. There’s NO other detail anywhere? What does it airtest as?

I can picture the arm if I use my imagination but it could also be incidental markings. There’s NO other detail anywhere? What does it airtest as?

It air tests at 76-77 on my ATPro. You can see the line at the base of lady liberty at the bottom of the dime where it should be.

You just may be onto something with this. The ID on the machine is correct and the line looks correct at the bottom....let us know how you progress!

Thats absolutely a seated dime, really nice dig! I can definitely see an 8 in the date but that doesnt really help at at lol I feel like I see a 2 at the end. I would try the acid bath as Martin said. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom