Is my Explorer II Dying ?

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
Recently I lost the visibility on the bottom quarter of my screen .Is anyone familiar with this problem ? Other than that I have not found any other malfunctions .

For some reason I am not able to add photos .:(

Recently I lost the visibility on the bottom quarter of my screen .Is anyone familiar with this problem ? Other than that I have not found any other malfunctions .

For some reason I am not able to add photos .:(

Yikes! Doesn't sound good. I've modded some explorers and replaced the keypads. To me, it seems like it would take a lot to shock to dislodge and separate the screen connections, but I suppose that could be a possibility. To check your connections, you can watch this video to learn how to disassemble the control box. Hopefully, you get lucky and find part of the plug has come loose. If not, its time to consider buying a replacement machine. Two years ago, there was a place in the UK that still had replacement screens but they were like $300.

Upgrade

To a E-trac, as they are getting older by the day, electronic's don't last a lifetime , or the warranty , all the coils should work that you have for your explorer , for the E-trac, hope thing's get better for you , Earl

Thanks DaviDs and Surf Master ! I opened it up and saw no visible damage so I closed it up again . I was told by another that sometimes putting it back to a factory reset does wonders , I tried that several times but that did not remedy the situation .I will just use as is for as long as possible as is . As far as a replacement machine I have several other detectors which includes an Explorer SE although , I never did seem to do as well with the SE as I did with the II .Thanks again guys !

Back
Top Bottom