Deus question

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
I'm considering buying a Deus because I mainly hunt parks, love quick recovery, and discrimination is important. It being SUPER light is a HUGE plus. My only draw back is this, I need a detector that has a speaker built-in WITH volume control. (I'm not a headphone kind of detectorist... not my style)

But when I'm out early in the morning and my detector BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEPS away, alerting everyone in a 5 mile radius of my presence, it's a huge drawback. So does the Deus have a built in volume control or not? Sometimes I need a quiet detector.

Thanks in advance and HH!

Wanna be super stealthy, put the headphones around your neck, resting on your shoulders, you can hear them and no one else could.....to answer the question though, I dont recall seeing an adjustment, but I always wear headphones....
The tones are so much better with headphones I couldn't hunt without them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No external speaker volume control, the speaker is either on or off on the controller.

Volume control is in operation through the +/- on the headphones.

Doug.

Couple options would be to get a waterproof case for it or find the speaker and partially cover it with a piece of electrical tape

83733508e29d02c32dbd89cf0dc34497.jpg

No external speaker volume control, the speaker is either on or off on the controller.

Volume control is in operation through the +/- on the headphones.

Doug.

I just can't understand why a top of the line detector wouldn't have a volume control. Maybe i'm in the minority of people who don't care for headphones. Thanks for the info.

Couple options would be to get a waterproof case for it or find the speaker and partially cover it with a piece of electrical tape

83733508e29d02c32dbd89cf0dc34497.jpg

The waterproof case may work, have you tried it? How much volume can you hear?

I have used the electrical tape on my sons compadre, I don't think I could justify doing that on a deus :)

I just can't understand why a top of the line detector wouldn't have a volume control. Maybe i'm in the minority of people who don't care for headphones. Thanks for the info.

None of the previous/current XP models have a separate volume control, all are through the headphones so the Deus is no different.

You would think XP would put a volume control on their detector...

You can always wrap the detector in foam/ziploc bags/tape

You will miss a lot of deeper stuff by not shutting out the outside noise by using headphones. The other plus is a lot of kids and adults hear a beep and here they come to see what you have. I even shut off the sound on my pinpointer as not to bother other people

Back
Top Bottom