• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Last 2 Hunts: Message from God? (Id Help on a Silver Crucifix)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Last Friday I was itching to get out despite the miserable weather we’ve been having. I took off right after work and hunted for 2.5 hours. Went through a couple of wind-driven rain pelting sessions and as the tide was getting high and the surf was making it difficult I called it a day and went home.

After another week of miserable weather, conditions finally improved yesterday for a planned outing. I took the equipment with me to work and got permission from the boss to get out a bit early. I was out hunting at 2 pm with low tide being at about 4 so that was good. Other than the middle part of the hunt, there weren’t that many targets. It was around this time that the religious black stainless ring that sounded so good showed up and within an hour after that I hit the crucifix in an offshore sand bar. I knew from the tone and how nice it was that it was going to be silver. I just can’t figure out the language on it. So if any of you pirates can ID it please let me know. (I thought it may be Russian). The weather has been consistently less than good for about 3 weeks so I’m hoping things will start to turn around soon. I also didn't see another pirate in the section of South Beach I worked yesterday - a VERY rare feat!

Attachments

• 5-25-18.jpg
    5-25-18.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 448
  • 5-31-18.jpg
    5-31-18.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 431
  • 5-31-18 Ring & Cross.jpg
    5-31-18 Ring & Cross.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 445
  • 5-31-18 Crucifix (1).jpg
    5-31-18 Crucifix (1).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 5-31-18 Crucifix (2).jpg
    5-31-18 Crucifix (2).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 446
  • 5-31-18 closeup.jpg
    5-31-18 closeup.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Russian Orthodox Cross

Nice find Felix !!

Last Friday I was itching to get out despite the miserable weather we’ve been having. I took off right after work and hunted for 2.5 hours. Went through a couple of wind-driven rain pelting sessions and as the tide was getting high and the surf was making it difficult I called it a day and went home.

After another week of miserable weather, conditions finally improved yesterday for a planned outing. I took the equipment with me to work and got permission from the boss to get out a bit early. I was out hunting at 2 pm with low tide being at about 4 so that was good. Other than the middle part of the hunt, there weren’t that many targets. It was around this time that the religious black stainless ring that sounded so good showed up and within an hour after that I hit the crucifix in an offshore sand bar. I knew from the tone and how nice it was that it was going to be silver. I just can’t figure out the language on it. So if any of you pirates can ID it please let me know. (I thought it may be Russian). The weather has been consistently less than good for about 3 weeks so I’m hoping things will start to turn around soon.I also didn't see another pirate in the section of South Beach I worked yesterday - a VERY rare feat!

Hmm, seems to have posted twice.

I know what an air conditioner and a computer have in common.

When you open windows, they both stop working.

Last edited:
Russian Orthodox Cross
Nice find Felix !!

I believe it's a Russian Orthodox Crucifix. Neat find!

Thanks guys for both of you confirming my suspicions. I Googled "Russian Orthodox crucifix" and it leads to similar ones. That adds credence to all the crappy kopecks I find at Miami Beach as well. :roll:

That might just be a message Felix. Looks like a bunch of dead pirates under Jesus's feet.

Matthew 6:21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Hmm. It is getting “Curiouser and curiouser!”, Felix. I found this in the water two weeks ago (and no, it is not gold, it is slightly magnetic). It seems universal forces are trying to shout something to us.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 351
Nice cross. I've found a dozen or 2 of those rings in various languages. They all sound the same hitting the side of the garbage can

Back
Top Bottom