Firearms pics and discussion

I had a Security 6 .357/38 cal wheelie

Alot of old guys still carry wheel guns. :laughing:

iu

Last edited:
I went to gunsmithing school for a while when I returned from Vietnam. I reloaded and cast my own bullets for most of my firearms. I lived on a farm where i could shoot anytime I liked. I love the Goverment 1911 .45's but other than that I would rather have a revolver. I had a beautiful Colt Python that I eventually sold because I couldn't get the parts I needed to fix it. Over the years I have had a number of revolvers. Among my favorites were the old model Ruger Super Blackhawk and the S&W Model 29's(.44 Magnums). I have had Colts, S&Ws, Rugers, and a couple of the original Dan Wessons. (The springs never lasted more than a couple of shots) as well as some others. I still have a couple of .22 revolvers and a .38 snubnose that I carry from time to time. I always felt that if you need more than six rounds you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Thats an interesting vid there Longhair...I enjoyed what this guy has to say...
He's the real deal. :yes:
You should watch some of his other videos. The "Raw Clint" series is particularly entertaining (in a somewhat adult fashion), because he says it like it is.

Well just a few of mine...all lost in a tragic boating accident. Bottom of Lake Michigan [emoji2957]

9e8ad7714df3263942490153f1a40f25.jpg
dd85e19f5bfb0dca45e9d3486b3589f8.jpg
559973781bf33a90a26c9866f8058f12.jpg
f06cca9b5c9f5409d6206b7884b13975.jpg
6b9b0989c48692fd56a389bc634d8974.jpg
8d5ec0745ab03662b775d4ff4b61108a.jpg
f4a8aa5c823aae04bddaa7cf407fd595.jpg
c7f98b03dd0bc83f796ba5fd575a79f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally!
Life got out of the way long enough to finish setting up the latest addition. Now it's time to hit the range and start breaking it in.

Howa APC 6.5CM.jpg

I got a pretty good deal on this one last week. Gonna use it mainly as a home defense but thinking about carrying it from time to time.

Attachments

• 20190319_170851.jpg
    20190319_170851.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 20190319_171440.jpg
    20190319_171440.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 274
Did someone say revolver?

8MTgjBN.jpg

My latest addition to the safe. Model-629 6" barrel .44mag, and yes, I can conceal carry it here in Michigan. I grew up with revolvers and prefer them, even though I do have a few semi's. Reload as a hobby so ammo is not a problem when I need a few rounds, .44 mag is close to a dollar each time you pull the trigger.

I will not post pictures but my bride of nearly 55 years found out that I wanted an AR just to irritate liberals and purchased one for me for Christmas. She was wanting to buy me a new metal detector and I finally convinced her that I did not really want one. But nothing wrong with adding a new piece to the arsenal.

No pic, but here's the web page.
https://www.banishsuppressors.com/product/banish-22/

Yeah, I've started the process to buy one for my rimfire rifles. Its expensive, though. $535 for the suppressor, $200 for the federal tax, and another $60(?) for the state tax. I've been hearing it'll be 8-9 months before I hear back on it.

Roger

Yeah, I've started the process to buy one for my rimfire rifles. Its expensive, though. $535 for the suppressor, $200 for the federal tax, and another $60(?) for the state tax. I've been hearing it'll be 8-9 months before I hear back on it.

Roger

8-9 months actually sounds pretty quick compared to the 12 months it took to get mine. I was caught up in the rush before the pre-41F ATF rule change so I guess they were swamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger
It depends on how you filed your Form-4. Paper Individual, E-File Individual, Paper Trust, and E-File Trust don't process at the same rates.
I've got two in jail right now waiting for stamps, and currently Paper Individual applications are running around 10 months from the time the check was cashed until the stamp is in hand.

The government shutdown added a month. And since the processing was being done by contracted help that got laid off during the shutdown, and not all came back afterward, new people are having to be trained and that's added to the wait as well. Before the shutdown they were running about 7-8 months.

The joke, is that in the last Federal budget that was passed they got an additional 13M specifically to speed things up.
Typical government run operation. :mad:

I left all the "paperwork" up to Dakota. They were having a "sports show" special a couple weeks ago here. All a guy had to do was commit to buy, and they took care of the documentation, no extra charge. Took my prints and info right there at the show.
I would assume they are doing e-filing, and I did opt for the trust. Neglected to ask about turn-around time, but I didn't figure it would be a quick month, either.

I guess "expensive" is relative. Longhair, if you've got two in jail right now, your budget is apparently more generous than mine. I have been wanting one for years, and now that they are "more legal" in Iowa, I figured I should get it done before the political winds shift around.

Here's hoping "they" start earning their taxpayer dollars at a more efficient rate.

Roger

Back
Top Bottom