South Beach Silver Ring Hat Trick!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Conditions were supposed to be near flat today and when I got the beach at 6am it did not disappoint! The only bummer was that low tide was almost at the same time. I walked straight to an area I normally try to get to to maximize low tide time around there. On my walk there, I noticed a young couple with the girl “doing a bull ride”. :shock: I hunted for 5 hours and although the yellow didn’t show 3 silver rings did. First one up was a toe ring in deep water in a section that is usually very difficult to work due to the depth and the usual surf conditions. The 2nd silver was near shore and was probably a very recent drop. The 3rd silver, the flower turquoise cabochon design, came from an offshore sand bar. I was also caught off guard towards the end of the hunt coming off a sand bar in deep water and had to strap on my Crocs and swim back a bit for about 10 minutes. If the lifeguard noticed me I’m sure he got a laugh. (Not the 1st time this has happened to me). The dollar bill was an eyeball find tumbling along the bottom. Too bad it wasn’t at least a Jackson. Again, I didn’t see another water pirate in the entire hunt very strange for South Beach. I did see 3 other ones working the wet and dry sand. Tomorrow, the seniors graduate and I have 10 days left before I’m off for the summer. Life is good! :good:

Attachments

• 6-3-18.jpg
    6-3-18.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 276
  • 6-3-18 Silver Rings.jpg
    6-3-18 Silver Rings.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 6-3-18 Coins1.jpg
    6-3-18 Coins1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 6-3-18 Coins2.jpg
    6-3-18 Coins2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Nice job Felix. :yes: sand bar scaries sounds like a bit of an adventure :) those are some huge earrings :shock: can't believe that widest one goes on an ear :?:

Congrats on the silver. To me, the dollar is one of the most exciting things to find. I dunno why, but I feel like a lil kid whenever I see one. :lol:

Congrats on scooping up the three rings. I'd take a day like that anytime. Either way nice finds! TWO more days and I'm done with all the teacher duties and they finally open the door to my cage and turn me loose for the Summer.
Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa

Aloha and happy hunting

Although, I think three rings qualifies as a hat-trick not a tri-fecta. Either way nice finds! Aloha and happy hunting
You are correct sir and that incorrect title was edited! Can't let that stand when we're in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals! :lol:

Sweet ring trio Felix!

Bull riding on the beach??? :wow: didn’t know they let bulls onto the beach. Did it at least have a leash?

Back
Top Bottom