Posting pictures help (with graphic examples)

Great thread on adding a pic to the post. This a test to see if I can do it. A little 925 silver ring I found on the beach with the Deus. Looks like it works. Awesome, thanks to GKL!
BF5C774C-5925-4476-8AB7-8507503186E5.jpg

Is there a way to attach photos to post in a group? There is no paper clip icon so I have been using links but I noticed that on some older post the photo is attached and visible without having to click.

Is there a way to attach photos to post in a group? There is no paper clip icon so I have been using links but I noticed that on some older post the photo is attached and visible without having to click.

The method mentioned at the beginning of this thread can be used multiple times in the same post if you want to add more than one picture to the same post.

This is also a test, a couple pics of a ring I found in 2016.
That works nice but I cant seem to get both pics, oh well I'll keep trying.
Thanks GKL!

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,311
This is also a test, a couple pics of a ring I found in 2016.
That works nice but I cant seem to get both pics, oh well I'll keep trying.
Thanks GKL!

No problem glad to try to help, sometimes it's hard to tell the problem not being able to see the pic first hand, but since one pic posts and the other doesn't maybe the other pic exceeds the size limits ?

Check the size limit chart on the 1st post in this thread - https://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2795823&postcount=1

If it is too large you need to resize (or crop) it with a graphic program on your computer first.

Also, you can avoid the "attached images" wording if you use the paperclip adding method on the 1st post also.

very helpfull

If you have the photos on the hard drive of your computer here is how to add them to your posts -

View attachment 388557

after you click on the paper clip, then "browse", search for the folder on you computer where you stored the photos and choose the photo you want to upload. (also notice the maximum file size chart)

View attachment 388558

you can upload 5 photos at a time after you browse and choose each one individually

View attachment 388559

close that window after you see all photos have uploaded

View attachment 388560

now you're ready to add the photo(s) to your post -

View attachment 388561

View attachment 388562

IF you need to resize your photos, you need to do so before choosing and uploading them, I use the "Paint" program that is built into Microsoft Windows, if you don't use Microsoft Windows you'll need to use a similar program.

View attachment 388563

View attachment 388564

If you want to just use part of a photo -
(if you need to both resize and crop, I would crop first, then see if you still need to resize)

View attachment 388802

very helpful post

I don't have a camera per se....all I have is the Android cell phone with camera feature....Have some nice pics on cell but have no idea how to get them to post on here. An old guy and not too good with this high tech stuff...

I don't have a camera per se....all I have is the Android cell phone with camera feature....Have some nice pics on cell but have no idea how to get them to post on here. An old guy and not too good with this high tech stuff...

Not sure about your specific model of phone, but I can plug the same cable I use to charge my phone into the USB port of my computer and access the files on my phone and do a"copy and paste" of photos from my phone to my computer.

GKL,
way to complicated for this OLD brain...DiggingThePNW is going to call me tomorrow bout 6 pm my time and try...I say again Try to talk me thru this thing...If that doesn't work, I'm just giving up...Don't need to post pics that bad...Don't understand why all the folks that understand this stuff can't figure a REAL SIMPLE way to do this...Just bing bang boom and the pic is up....I will let you know tomorrow after I talk to DIGGING.....
BTW, most of the pics I have are on my phone, that I have to send to my email on computer which is hard enough for me. Don't know how to get them from phone to hard drive on puter....

GKL,
way to complicated for this OLD brain...DiggingThePNW is going to call me tomorrow bout 6 pm my time and try...I say again Try to talk me thru this thing...If that doesn't work, I'm just giving up...Don't need to post pics that bad...Don't understand why all the folks that understand this stuff can't figure a REAL SIMPLE way to do this...Just bing bang boom and the pic is up....I will let you know tomorrow after I talk to DIGGING.....
BTW, most of the pics I have are on my phone, that I have to send to my email on computer which is hard enough for me. Don't know how to get them from phone to hard drive on puter....

No problem, don't feel bad, sometimes this stuff might simply not click in your mind at first, but thanks in advance to DiggingThePNW for trying to help you tomorrow, and you just might surprise yourself and pick it up pretty quick with his help !

Gary, would you do an instructional on how to copy an image address and past it into the "Insert Image" Box?

Then others can past an "non-dug" pic of something they find via a pic they find on the internet.

Your OP is fine for a file on their computer, but adding the other option would be helpful a well.

Thanks!

Gary, would you do an instructional on how to copy an image address and past it into the "Insert Image" Box?

Then others can past an "non-dug" pic of something they find via a pic they find on the internet.

Your OP is fine for a file on their computer, but adding the other option would be helpful a well.

Thanks!

No problem, thanks for the idea ! :thumbsup:

(if not today then within a day or so)

Who da man?

YOU DA MAN :lol:

Thanks, I'm sure it will be appreciated!

ETA: I have to remember "Paste" ends with an "e", it's not "past" :roll:

:laughing: Thanks Gauntlet ! (Insert Image help will be in the next post)

....hey, as far as forgetting to add an "e" to "past" to make "paste", don't worry about it, it's in the "past" :laughing:

Insert image help

INSERT IMAGE HELP

Hopefully the explanations included on the graphic examples should make it clear enough, but if anyone still has problems and needs further help just ask and I'll be glad to try and help !

Please read thru all the steps first before trying it yourself.

PLEASE NOTE: depending on your particular computer software, some things might not show the exact same wording, for example: someone brought to my attention that when they did the "Right Click" as shown in the first graphic below that instead of saying "Copy image link" like it did on my computer, their computer worded it as "copy image address" so please allow for different wording, but if you need extra help please just ask and I'll be glad to try and help !

insert image 1a.jpg

insert image 1b.jpg

insert image 2.jpg

insert image 3.jpg

insert image 4.jpg

insert image 5.jpg

(the example picture I found was of a rare 1974 Aluminum cent)
insert image 6.jpg

If the image is not the right size using the "Insert Image" method then consider downloading the image to your computer, resizing it, then adding it using the other method described in the beginning of this thread.
insert image 7.jpg

Last edited:
On top pic, and simply stating in event there's confusion, my computer says "copy image address" (and not image link) when I right click.

Only mentioning because someone learning to post pics this way may not understand. I'm not familar with how different computers do the same things.

Thanks again for posting!

On top pic, and simply stating in event there's confusion, my computer says "copy image address" (and not image link) when I right click.

Only mentioning because someone learning to post pics this way may not understand. I'm not familar with how different computers do the same things.

Thanks again for posting!

Very good point, thanks for mentioning it !

I'll edit to include a comment cautioning people about that possibility.

Edit to add: comment added, thanks again as that definitely might save some confusion when some people see different wording.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom