Advice for buying a beginners metal detector?

Sniperwaw

So basically i wanted to start metal detecting and I was wondering what a good metal detector would be for a beginner. I want to have a budget of around 100-120$ and just need an all around good starter detector.

So basically i wanted to start metal detecting and I was wondering what a good metal detector would be for a beginner. I want to have a budget of around 100-120$ and just need an all around good starter detector.

The Tesoro compadre is a great machine in your budget. Set up to $199 and you can get a Fisher F2 with visual readout and a pin point.

Holler with any questions.

Depends on what type of hunting and where you'll be hunting most often. Give me a call today and I'll walk you through the options. 888-896-4660

If you are willing to spend $200 grab a Compadre or a F2. If you are set at $100 grab a used Discovery 2200, great little machine.

If intending to stick to your budget, why not look on Craigslist or in any area pawn shops for a used F-2 or Compadre. If none are available, other used detectors in that price range are the White's Coinmaster, Ace 150, Teknetics Alpha 2000 and various Bounty Hunters. I would not invest in any other brand of detectors such as Chinese detectors.

Craigslist

Start witch Craigslist, stick name brand. Upgrade when you can scrape together a little more.

I started with an Ace 250, then went to a sovereign, then an Excalibur 2, now a GT's 3030,

The ace I bought on Craigslist for 100, sold it 3 months later for 125. Used my find to buy a used soveriegn.

I hear good things about the compadre, If I had to do it again I'd start there.

Stay away from the Walmart brands, they don't hold their value. Garrett, whites, minelab (pricey...) and tessero. All good brands.

Back
Top Bottom