• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Baton Rouge La.

So am I...LOL If you cant find one let me know maybe we can start our own. I live in Lafayette so not too far away from the red stick.

Preston

Pelican Relic and recovery

Looking for a local detecting group around Baton Rouge La.

I was a member of this club back in 96-99 when I was stationed in New Orleans but would make the drive to Baton Rouge to attend the meetings. Great bunch of folks with quite a few weekend hunts then.

"Pelican Relic and Recovery Association club of Baton Rouge is active. Meet on the third Tuesday of each month at the Ryan's Steak House on Coursey and Sherwood Forest Blvd. Meetings start a 7 pm, but come early to eat and meet with everyone.
Average from 30 to 40 attendees each month."

Also try this link.

http://stoutstandards.com/images/Pelican.pdf

I have a few guys in south Louisiana wanting to get together for some hunts. If anyone wants to join up let me know and we can start making some plans. I have guys from Lake Charles, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and Zachary so far.

New to this world...(Detecting world that is)

Just wondering if there is a group or anyone interested around the BR area. I live in Denham Springs.

Just wondering if there is a group or anyone interested around the BR area. I live in Denham Springs.

Welcome to the forums Lundberg I live in the Lafayette area and have been detecting for about 5 months now. I would be willing to travel to the BR area to do some detecting or anywheres in the area.

Preston

I just got into the hobby and haven't gone out yet except outside the office. I found several bottle caps and another metal thing. I know it's junk but it's all learning material to me. I was at least happy it was something and not just a false reading.

I've been doing a lot of metal, coin, ring etc. testing using the air method to learn the different sounds of my Ace 250

Where do you like to search? Any good places you've heard about?

John

I have several places here that I hunt for relics and coins. I have a few places to hunt in the winter time due to it being overgrown right now. You are close to a well known civil war battle site in BR and also Port Hudson. I have been trying to get some guys from Louisiana to go and do some hunting with no luck. Just keep at it and you will start finding the good stuff.

Preston

Hello. I am in Vicksburg but travel to New Orleans and Baton Rouge most weekends. I would be very interested in meeting up and doing some huntin. Let me know if you would be interested. Thanks Marc

Ok guys if you want to get a hunt together PM me your email and or phone number and we can make some plans. I will be out of state for around 3 weeks starting Sept 26th for work so that would be pleanty of time to plan things out and it should be cooler outside. If anyone has any connections with someone around port hudson that owns land please let me know and maybe we can do a large hunt there for some cool relics.

Preston

I'd also like to go some Saturday if you want company. I have a Pickup that we could fill up with our gear, food etc.

PM me for more contact info.

John

Back
Top Bottom