Budget MD for beaches

mitcheal

I currently have a Garrett Ace 300. I'd like to get into the beaches as well. I've read where it's best to have an MD for the beach and one for everything else. Is there and MD that can do both decently for a decent price? or even a budget beach machine and i can keep the 300?

thanks.
mitch

Most metal detectors do not work well on the wet sand and do even worse in the water. It takes a detector that is built and programmed to handle the mineralization. Nearly all detectors will work pretty good on the dry sand.

I have used my Sovereign GT at the beach and it worked extremely well on the wet sand but it is not water proof.

Last edited:
Ok, so 600 it is. Would that replace the garrett? Or should the 600 be reserved for beach work only?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would get the nox 600 in that range.
Can be used inland plus hunt salt water and is simple to use.

The Equinox 600 and 800 are both designed to work everywhere. Great on the salt water beaches and they are waterproof to about 10 feet. Work extremely well on the dirt and find stuff in iron infested areas where other machines fail. If I did not already own a couple very good machines I would be in the marked for one of the EQ's

Back
Top Bottom