Troy Shadow X2

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I just sold my detector and ended up wining a bid on eBay for a Troy Shadow X2 with 3 coils (7" Shadow coil, 8x9 Tesoro coil, 10x12 Tesoro coil). I have always wanted to try a Troy, even though it is pretty much an over priced Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax. I got everything for $225.00 eBay item # 200357083572 if you want to check it out. Can't wait to get it & give it a work out. Steve.

Congrats on your new toy, Steve. It will give you a lot of new finds I think. Very sensitive ones, these troys.

Good Luck & HH

good luck with the x2 we use them as our only machines for the type of detecting we do. We like them so much we own 4 of them. At 2lbs they are all day machines. Very sensitive to small objects and deadly on gold
keep us posted
hh
dave+bobbie

good luck with the x2 we use them as our only machines for the type of detecting we do. We like them so much we own 4 of them. At 2lbs they are all day machines. Very sensitive to small objects and deadly on gold
keep us posted
hh
dave+bobbie
You must really like them,thats good to hear. The X2 is like the Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax so I am told & I have owned a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax before and liked it really well. Not the deepest detector there is but good on the small objects as you mentioned. Steve.

P.S. Do you have different coils on them & if so what do you think of them.

Congrats on the X2, I've had mine for three years now and I'll sell it when I die.

Read the tips from the Troy site and download the manual if you haven't already.

I was in Cheyenne WY last week and look at what my X2 pull out of the ground. It was 7"+ deep and I almost let it go. My first Half Dollar. And they say all the Silver is gone... Going back again on the 17th for three days and doing other old homes.

Enjoy and happy hunting.

Attachments

• SNC10977.jpg
    SNC10977.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,361
  • SNC10978.jpg
    SNC10978.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,213
Congrats on the X2, I've had mine for three years now and I'll sell it when I die.

Read the tips from the Troy site and download the manual if you haven't already.

I was in Cheyenne WY last week and look at what my X2 pull out of the ground. It was 7"+ deep and I almost let it go. My first Half Dollar. And they say all the Silver is gone... Going back again on the 17th for three days and doing other old homes.

Enjoy and happy hunting.
Very nice coin. Remember that you don't have to sell it when you die,you can take it with you,lol. I'm liking hearing all these good things about the X2. Thanks! Steve.

My primary machine and I love it. I cant put it down long enough to try another one. I love the quick response and weight lets me swing all day.

You must really like them,thats good to hear. The X2 is like the Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax so I am told & I have owned a Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax before and liked it really well. Not the deepest detector there is but good on the small objects as you mentioned. Steve.

P.S. Do you have different coils on them & if so what do you think of them.

ski bobbie uses strictly the shadow x2 7" stock coil, I uses a tesoro 5.75 coil on mine , my back up one has a tesoro 4" coil mounted on it. I like the audio on it cause its really loud and I have a hearing loss in my right ear. I had a 9" x2 coil that I traded away last year for another 7" coil for bobbie. I may consider getting a 9x8 coil if I think we are going to start doing more grass area or open sand beach areas, but we have enough locations detecting in school yard tot lots and park tot lots to keep us occupied for a while
keep us posted with how you like it
I will try to pick up another one later this year
hh
dave+bobbie

Back
Top Bottom