? Part of what ?

Sage

Elite Member
From a farm field. Machine parts, showing definite wear patterns. 8 to 9 in diameters.

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_161638131_resize_18.jpg
    IMG_20191107_161638131_resize_18.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 674
  • IMG_20191107_161624667_resize_26.jpg
    IMG_20191107_161624667_resize_26.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 577
Just to hazard a guess; The 6-point "star" with the rounded, ball-type points looks like it could be a sprocket for a drag chain of some type, perhaps from a spreader or hay baler. Notice the wear pattern on only one side of the rounded points.
The other two appears that they may be more apt to be found in a planter, perhaps as a timing device for dropping seeds as the shaft they're mounted to rotates.

Just a guess, (and probably wrong).

Roger

Did some cleaning on the bottom one. Those round parts are welded on. I think quite possibly onto one like the top star shape. That little chunk matches a tooth on star also. top 2 measure 6 5/8" +- and the round ended one 7 3/4" in Diameter. All appear to be fairly rough castings.

Non-fidget but working-man spinners.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The area had some big iron. I had coil overload several times. I'll be back there at some point. Might find the rest of ???they go on.

Not architectural.

Pieces held in place by a shear pin or hard pin, 1 & 1/8" bore, definite wear patterns on one edge as if used as some type of cam, piece with welded on rounds has obvious wear (sloppy welds and probably put on unevenly which caused a lot of wear in high ones), no sign of having a nut on a threaded rod as use for building supports (wouldn't have used a pin to hold). Welded on rounds appear to have been put on a star type piece, also small part is a match to a tooth on the star.

Back
Top Bottom