Nokta Impact detector thread (with comments from manufacturer rep)

I wouldn't go over to that site if you paid me LOL

seems to be the general consensus,I would miss Amberjack and Mega postings.

I find it interesting that from here on out they will have online update capability but will not be available for the older models.They've been working on developing the impact for 2 years now. or at least when Kellyco first advertised the impact and it was withdrawn from being available.

Wish they didnt announce the update thing. Now Minelab is on notice and will be suing them like they did white's and XP. We may never see it!

Not too sure where this detector is going to fit in the market, many of the features are as the Deus and other offerings.
In the UK the Relic never took off here, the Racer sold well but you take a big hit when you sell it 2nd hand.
The Impact being online upgradable will help, but only if the updates are any good.
They do however have a good customer service at Makro/Nokta, maybe more out of necessity after all the issues with the Racer!
It would be interesting to see some more of the spec for the Impact.

Don't know.

This impact detector does sound interesting though.

Will have to see how the update able portion works.

The day one specs on the original made me take a second look. The progression since then has been all up hill and very positive. To upgrade on the fly during early review testing should take all negative areas like was announced during the early days of the red one and having to wait for shipping to see a factory fix. A final product should be market ready in a few short testing weeks. Are we going to be calling you "MR. Miller" primary reviewer in the next few days?:shock: The rumor drifting down the canyon in more than one Tenn. county speaks very highly of you. PCS to here was great also.

Sounds very interesting. I do agree with TNSS past statement, Noktra/Makro does really have their finger on the pulse of the detecting community and seems to be determined to get us what we want.
I only hope that they hold their value better than the racer and racer2 models. Have seen a lot of guys take a bath selling these units used. The original racers are selling for $300 used and have even seen a couple Racer2 sell for right around $400.
Ah who am I kidding, I will most likely buy one anyways LOL!

Back
Top Bottom