Been Quite, But Busy! Photo Heavy

ChesapeakeTim

I haven't posted on here in a couple months, but I have been swinging heavy in the fields. I'm a Web Developer, building and selling websites...so often when I finish my work i'm pretty exhausted. But I managed to photograph some of my recent finds over the past 3 months. Nearly 99% of everything I found (pictured) came from one farm. The farm itself has been in my family for nearly 300 years. I've been hunting this spot heavy, however...I have yet to scratch the surface. I try to record most of my hunts, add findpoints on my CTX most of the time. Now the Milo has been cut down, Ill be getting into some areas that I haven't been able to before. But now I've been given permission for the neighboring farm which is something like 600+ acres. So I have my hands full thats for sure. I haven't ventured into the wooded area yet, but I will now that I have a handgun. I found remains of coyote a few weeks ago, and there has been reports of them on the property. On time I was hunting on the outer edge of the woods and once I filled the hole back in and stood up...there was a massive 10 point buck about 20 feet away from me coming out of the woods. It was almost dark, and had no idea he was there...he scared the !!!! out of me! haha. Ive found some really cool items here so far. Tons of Wheaties, Indians, Barbers, Seated and coppers. Its just a great variety of finds that keeps coming. I recently purchased the CTX 17" coil and that sucker really covers alot of ground and gets a little extra depth. Ill get back to posting more often. Happy Hunting and Good Luck!

DelmarvaDiggers1.jpg

DelmarvaDiggers2.jpg

DSC_2248.jpg

DSC_2251.jpg

DSC_2257.jpg

DSC_2254.jpg

DSC_2255.jpg

DSC_2256.jpg

DSC_2252.jpg

DSC_2288.jpg

DSC_2268.jpg

DSC_2264.jpg

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_2282.jpg

DSC_2297.jpg

DSC_2300.jpg

DSC_2301.jpg

DSC_2303.jpg

DSC_2304.jpg

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2310.jpg

DSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2279.jpg

DSC_2277.jpg

DSC_2295.jpg

I forgot to add that there are 2 hard times tokens, and the photos of the last coin...I still haven't found out what it is exactly...anyone know?

Wow, some awesome stuff! You've got a great place to hunt there. Amazing your family has been there for 300+ years......

Congrats!

Wow!!! Awesome you have all of that at your disposal to hunt anytime and has all those goodies just waiting to be unearthed. If I was closer to you I'd bribe you with a six pack to help out.

This is one of the more impressive threads that I have seen in a long time! Congratulations on the amazing finds!

Doug

This is one of the more impressive threads that I have seen in a long time! Congratulations on the amazing finds!

Doug

Thanks a million Turtlefoot! I try to make the most of it when posting on here. But after 3 months I'm bound to build up a collection. ;)

I've found a bunch of headstamps...but nearly 80% of them are toasted beyond recognition. But every now and again, Ill get s super clean one thats very readable. Like how the Flying Eagle looks...very clean and detailed. Ill never understand it haha.

Heres where the buildings once stood. There was 2 houses (that I know of, could be more), Windmill, School and Church (I think it was just one building used as both), and several barns. But what has grabbed my attention is the clearing out of the woods circled in white. There are some pretty old oak trees in the area. About 2 months ago, I ventured back there to do a quick sweep to see if I pick up any iron patches...i did, but it was getting dark and since then have put it on simmer. Farmhouse #2 has produced all of the spanish silver, while Farmhouse #2 has produced all of the nice coppers I've found. It took me awhile to find 2nd farm house....and I did just recently about a 2 weeks ago.
DelmarvaDiggers3.jpg

Amazing Finds !!! What a place to hunt !! Big Congrats. I would have a hard time leaving that place too !!

Just incredible!! I'd love to hunt with you one day!! Two ctx's with our 17" coil equal a CTX 6060

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

Just incredible!! I'd love to hunt with you one day!! Two ctx's with our 17" coil equal a CTX 6060

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

Hahaha, a CTX 6060...sounds even more futuristic!! Man, come on up...obviously theres enough space for the both us. Im taking Chrisjess out there as soon as his Christmas vacation kicks in.

That's one tremendous site you have to search on. I'm amazed at all your quality finds. I'd hammer thAt church and school area hard but I'm partial to old school sites. GL and HH

Back
Top Bottom