#300 FTY Was Not What I Expected, Plus 7 More Silvers And A Pile Of Wheats

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
These are my finds from two hunts last week. The first hunt was last Monday after work and I was in need of two silver coins to make it to 300 FTY. I wasn't finding much except for a couple wheats but got another wheat signal and it ended up being a half of a silver Washington for #299. I thought well there has to be the other half nearby so I started circling the spot where the first half was found and a few feet away I got a similar signal and dug down and sure enough it was the dated piece of the 1943 Washington for #300. I know you guys all like these chopped coins and thought it was pretty funny that #300 FTY was a chopped silver. I ended up finding a Rosie, one of those play tokens and a couple more wheats to finish off the night.

On Sunday I met up with my friend Dan and we both had good days. My take for the day was 5 silver coins (4 mercs and a war nickel), 22 wheats, and some marbles.

These finds brings me to 306 silver coins FTY and 1,133 wheat pennies FTY.

Have a great week everyone,
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 552
  • 2014 Finds453.jpg
    2014 Finds453.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 2014 Finds452.jpg
    2014 Finds452.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_5222.jpg
    IMG_5222.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_5205.jpg
    IMG_5205.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 558
Well, technically speaking, shouldn't that count as one, not 299 and 300????? ;)

Awesome digs, as usual!

C'mon, man...you can't count that chopped GW as 2 silvers...doing that math, if you had found the missing slice from the top it would it have been 3:lol: Congrats on the silvers and the rest of your finds Jason, and big congrats on surpassing 300 silvers for the year. Awesome digging!

Different holes and a different dig so I'm counting it. lol Bruce, I looked hard for that little tiny 3rd piece but no luck. Thanks guys!

Well, technically speaking, shouldn't that count as one, not 299 and 300????? ;)

Awesome digs, as usual!

C'mon, man...you can't count that chopped GW as 2 silvers...doing that math, if you had found the missing slice from the top it would it have been 3:lol: Congrats on the silvers and the rest of your finds Jason, and big congrats on surpassing 300 silvers for the year. Awesome digging!

Different holes and a different dig so I'm counting it. lol Bruce, I looked hard for that little tiny 3rd piece but no luck. Thanks guys!

Good enough...you have gone over the mark, the extras I guess make up for that...and for all those not complete silvers you're famous for finding:lol: I think you can get to at least 325 before the end of December:yes:

Congrats on 300 Jason. An amazing year you are having and you still have 2 weeks left to add to the totals. Jason wondering if I cut all my Silver coins in half, can I count them twice?:lol: It is cool that you were able to find both halves of that Quarter. Jack

Great hunting!!

Jason, it has been a blast to hunt with you this year. We have really "cleaned up" the S. Cal turf! Sunday's hunt at 3 heavily pillaged parks is not for the impatient, but is so rewarding when we were able to find a combined 9 silvers and nearly 40 wheats! Major congrats on a year you'll always remember!

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Back
Top Bottom