Dinky toy, lead soldier, silver coins and sterling silver thimble

tonznz

Dinky toy, lead soldier, silver coins and sterling silver thimble .

Hi all,

here are my efforts from several hunts:

silver NZ coins:

lead solider:

Army Jeep and turtle:

tennis themed buckle:

heavy brass bicycle bell:

new one for me an Italian coin 1935:

sterling silver thimble:

lion hook to hook up the NZ soldier's slough hat pre 1914:

brass locks:

NZ railways buttons old brass brooch and brass plate from a lock:

these are smaller bullets included are some pistol bullets:

Victorian penny and half penny:

I am a cocoa club 1930.s badge and some slivers of silver. One piece is from a silver NZ florin, as I can see the edges of the kiwi's whiskers:

I am on the way North for Christmas. Merry Christmas one and all!

Cheers

Tonznz!

You must have the whole island to yourself with the amount of amazing finds you rack up down there!! Maybe I should enter every Visit New Zealand contest I can find so I can make a trip of it and help clean up that beautiful place you call home!!

You must have the whole island to yourself with the amount of amazing finds you rack up down there!! Maybe I should enter every Visit New Zealand contest I can find so I can make a trip of it and help clean up that beautiful place you call home!!

haha...mind you some hunts I find nothing but pennies and modern coins. We have $1 and $2 coins here too so they are very nice to find and they can add up quickly in value. And I'm doing my best to clean up Dunedin.

As always a bunch of neat stuff, congrats!!

The thimble is very cool!!

<*)))>{

thanks. I have found only two sterling silver thimbles. I have found others that were the famous Charles Horner silver on a steel shank types. I hope my jeweller friend can tell me he can straighten it for me. It might be able to be heated until red hot and pushed gently over the end of a ring mandrel.

Back
Top Bottom