Today's persistence paid off! 1865 two center!

nice job G4E. You killed it as usual. i love the two center and the silverware.

Nice! Love the 2-cent. First coin to have the "In God We Trust" on it...by Treasurer Salmon P. Chase (If I recall correctly).

By all means I don't mean this in a "snarky" way, but I thought the E-Trac was supposed to eliminate digging so much trash...that it could look around the junk to see the good stuff? Does even the high-end detectors get fooled by the junk, too? I was using that as a reason to spend the money...some day. ;)

Nice! Love the 2-cent. First coin to have the "In God We Trust" on it...by Treasurer Salmon P. Chase (If I recall correctly).

By all means I don't mean this in a "snarky" way, but I thought the E-Trac was supposed to eliminate digging so much trash...that it could look around the junk to see the good stuff? Does even the high-end detectors get fooled by the junk, too? I was using that as a reason to spend the money...some day. ;)
I don't take your question as snarky at all! this site was filled with aluminum that came in at indian penny to silver coin range....so no way you can just skip it....besides at field sites i dig EVERYTHING above iron!

Nice haul of goodies! After 40 years I'm still looking for my first two cent piece. Maybe tomorrow?
Charles

I don't take your question as snarky at all! this site was filled with aluminum that came in at indian penny to silver coin range....so no way you can just skip it....besides at field sites i dig EVERYTHING above iron!

Yeah...after I wrote that I realized it was kinda' stupid of me to ask. I dig everything above iron when field hunting, also (although, recently I've dug a lot of nails for some reason).

Speaking of which, I went out Saturday with my son field hunting and low and behold...I found a 1866 two center! It had been scratched with a plow at some point over the last 150 years, but still cool.

Back
Top Bottom