Found my wedding band!

Crossvillain

Hi, I'm new to the group. I recently lost my wedding band while doing yard work. I thought I would never find it. My wife bought me a metal detector as an early Christmas gift and today we found my wedding band! It was in the fire pit burried under a lot of ash and was discolored. The first pic is fresh from the ashes and the second is after a good cleaning.

Attachments

• 20171125_104013.jpg
    20171125_104013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 953
  • 20171125_111431.jpg
    20171125_111431.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 908
Thanks, Dan. So far 3 pennies, some old cans, a chunk of melted metal(zinc?) And a couple of old rusted nails.

In 1964 I was a brand new Boy Scout wearing my new uniform for the first time. Halfway through the troop meeting I realize I have lost my kerchief slide and frantically searched for it with no success. My parent scrimped and saved to buy me that uniform and I knew they would not be happy. For months I searched for it even though I was sure I knew where it had fallen.

50 years later I am driving past the meeting site and on a whim I pulled I. And grabbed a detector. I walked straight to where I thought I had lost it and on the 4th swing I hit a target. 4 inches down in black muck was my lost slide

Sweet recovery, glad you got it back and in one piece. Now get out there and find some more gold to pay for the rig :D

Great start many more to follow. hh

That happened to my friend also, he actually brought it to the club meet. I do not recall if he was given a prize lol

Hi, I'm new to the group. I recently lost my wedding band while doing yard work. I thought I would never find it. My wife bought me a metal detector as an early Christmas gift and today we found my wedding band! It was in the fire pit burried under a lot of ash and was discolored. The first pic is fresh from the ashes and the second is after a good cleaning.

You are hooked for life now to our crazy hobby!! :D:yes:

In 1964 I was a brand new Boy Scout wearing my new uniform for the first time. Halfway through the troop meeting I realize I have lost my kerchief slide and frantically searched for it with no success. My parent scrimped and saved to buy me that uniform and I knew they would not be happy. For months I searched for it even though I was sure I knew where it had fallen.

50 years later I am driving past the meeting site and on a whim I pulled I. And grabbed a detector. I walked straight to where I thought I had lost it and on the 4th swing I hit a target. 4 inches down in black muck was my lost slide

Cool story! I had a Boy Scout petition me for help in finding a lost kerchief slide as well. Combed the field he and his friends were playing in, no luck... I told him the most likely scenario was that someone else had found it and taken it home because it would've been on the surface, he asked me to look for it only an hour or so after losing it.

Have combed that field multiple times since, no slide. Somebody else definitely picked it off.

Your story is cool, though! Especially that it's your own slide that you found!

Back
Top Bottom