COLD...it's coming!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Yesterday morning I got out early and we are in the middle of our first cold snap of the winter season.
I misplaced my warmer winter hunting gloves so my hands got freaking cold till the sun rose up higher.
Not enjoyable hunting like that for me at all.
I do not like when my hands and feet get cold, something that happens much more often as I aged.

Also some of the soil I was digging in started to show a hint of hardening if it was exposed to the cold wind the night before.
We will get up into the 60's today and tomorrow, then a nose dive into the 30's at least for the next week after that.
I can dress up warmer and deal with some cold, and even a little snow or a bit of frozen soil doesn't bother me especially if I head into the woods with a nice protective and warming layer of leaves...but I can see the beginning of the end of the season starting.
Shut down and not digging for several weeks every winter is NOT a good thing for my piece of mind.

Just be glad you're nit from Wisconsin. Our ground freezes rock solid fir 3 to 4 months of the year. I am going to use the winter to research all my finds, vlean all my finds, and research nrw spots to detect next year.

Also I will spend countless hours on YouTube trying to decide what machine I would buy if I can talk the wife into it. Right now the v3i is winning but the.f75 is in a close second place because of its weight and speed. I just don't understand why a more expensive detector like these are not waterproof.

Ditto here in upstate NY. The last few mornings have been chilly with that artic plunge heading this way. I figure I got a few more weekends left and then that's it. I made it til December 5th last season. This season has been great so far and look forward to sharing pics down the road in a few weeks..good luck to all who face the winter weather for our last gasp of activity. 4 months of no detecting in winter seems like a year..I guess its the price we pay to live in our respective areas.....HH to all !

And here I was all mule lipped because its supposed to be in the mid 40's for high temps next week here in N. Tx. I think I'll be happy for what we get and not complain!

I dont envy any of you guys one bit. Glad i live in south Georgia where i can swing all year round. Ill be thinking of you guys while im digging up goodies this winter lol

With winter storm "ASTRO" on the way,
I think today will be/or was my last hunt of the year?
I hit a park this afternoon finding $1.00 In clad.
Bringing my clad total (Since Sept.) to $18.64
I wish I would have started sooner this year. I LOVE THIS HOBBY!
Winter is gonna be too long, I'll have to get back into the Ice fishing mode!
I might hunt at my Uncles in N.E. Mo. around Thanksgiving depending on the Temps. by then....?

Also some of the soil I was digging in started to show a hint of hardening if it was exposed to the cold wind the night before.
We will get up into the 60's today and tomorrow, then a nose dive into the 30's at least for the next week after that.

Our weather forecast is the same as yours:mad::mad:

I was hoping to get out tomorrow but weather man said 14+ inches of snow coming starting tonight YIKES!!!!!:shock:

it starting to sucks here in my area too man...this week will be in the low 30s. i hope i can find a good silver b4 ground freezes.

There is about 4" on the ground at my place, so far. Areas away from Lake Superior are getting more. I just hope this winter is not as nasty as last year's.

I think I might be the only one on here that is a little bit happy about the current weather trend...

My username has nothing to do with diamonds...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom