AT Pro or E trac

Tuxguy

trying to come up with money for the Etrac has been tough. I am thinking for half the price just to pull the trigger on the AT Pro.

I would say if the money is hard to come by get the at pro or something else. I have the etrac but I am retired and have a lot of time to put into it but if I had a hard time saving up I would get something more affordable like the at pro or whites mxt.

If an E-Trac is in your future, why not get an Xterra and not have as many brand changes along the way?
If you can't come up with the $ all at once for the E-trac, the Terra makes a good choice not only because it's another great Minelab detector, but because it makes a super companion machine to own in addition to an E-Trac.

The AT pro you can use when its pouring rain outside, and not worry about killing the machine!!
Only an issue if you don't have enough good sense to come in out of the rain.

I was saving for an E Trac, and almost pulled the trigger on AT Pro many times then pulled the trigger on the F75 (consider this or one of its cousins) and now I don't even want an E Trac im so happy :shock:

Myself, owning a AT pro, I like the Etrac, but I love how the AT pro is water proof up to 10 feet.
This is helpful cus I'm planning to do some river hunts possibly this year.;)

Well, ask yourself this:

Do you have a smartphone that you are obsessed with poking at for hours? If so get an etrac.

If you consider a smartphone an annoying thing you ignore because you would rather be actually doing things get the AT Pro.

I hate cellphones, much less smartphones, and I'd take an E-trac over any Garrett any day and twice on Sunday.

Well, ask yourself this:

Do you have a smartphone that you are obsessed with poking at for hours? If so get an etrac.

If you consider a smartphone an annoying thing you ignore because you would rather be actually doing things get the AT Pro.
Guilty! I have an iPhone but hate the 150.00 a month bill that goes with it

Guilty! I have an iPhone but hate the 150.00 a month bill that goes with it

I asked for a reason. Folks who have more of a techie mind would probably enjoy and appreciate all the different little settings you can do to a etrac.

It would just annoy me, I don't have a smart phone either. My wife has one and it has just about lobotomized her :lol:

I asked for a reason. Folks who have more of a techie mind would probably enjoy and appreciate all the different little settings you can do to a etrac.

It would just annoy me, I don't have a smart phone either. My wife has one and it has just about lobotomized her :lol:
The difference is, that a smartphone does a million things, very few of them well, and an E-Trac does one thing very well. It's worth spending the time to learn and understand.....can't say the same for the phone.

I'd say buy a second hand at pro..some are almost untouched and apart from shipping and handling if you get the money to buy an etrac later your almost going to get exactly what you paid for your at pro....and you get to start using a quality machine that has an easy learning curve and will get deep finds and small finds and pinpointing is a treat...ive never been more then 1" off the position

I bought the ATPro first and now saving for a Etrac. When it is all said and done I will have a waterproof detector and another quality detector to use .
If it takes a long time to save for a etrac that is OK..I really like the AT so right now it is a win win proposition.

I had the AT and loved it. I ended up trading it for a deal I couldn't pass up. I saved as much as I could to get the Etrac but was offered a great deal on the SE Pro which I bought. I still feel like I want the E. To me the AT was more of a turn on and go machine and some may disagree but I didn't feel like the AT got as much depth as the SE.

Don't

Well, ask yourself this:

Don't get the comment there?:?:

I had the AT and loved it. I ended up trading it for a deal I couldn't pass up. I saved as much as I could to get the Etrac but was offered a great deal on the SE Pro which I bought. I still feel like I want the E. To me the AT was more of a turn on and go machine and some may disagree but I didn't feel like the AT got as much depth as the SE.

I have experienced some pretty wild depth differences with my AT Pro's, that's for sure.
This one park is great in the spring and fall when the clay soil is evenly saturated with moisture but the same park in the hard baked adobe dust of summer it does lose a noticeable amount of depth.

In the water and sand where I am most of the time the depth is fantastic even with the small coil.

I have restrained from giving my .02 on this kinda thread, but I will say there are MANY factors at play when it comes to detectors of choice. First and foremost for me it boils down to preference and patience. If you aren't having fun with ANY detector you're using then it doesn't matter what brand it is. Second, I started with the AT PRO and loved it, but always had this little voice in my head saying I wonder what "IF"? So I bought an SE PRO; on the first day I used it I knew it wasn't for me. Is it a great machine? Absolutely, but to me it was not as easy and simplistic as the AT PRO I had come to love. I would say had I started with the Minelab equipment I probably would have a different perspective. I also live in Georgia where in most cases the targets don't fall too deep (at least not deep enough in my experience) that the AT PRO can't reach them. Now if I lived in the northeast where targets were often found deeper I would probably need/want a deeper seeking detector. Well I sold the SE PRO and while debating on whether to go back to the AT PRO I see an awesome deal on an ETRAC, so I bought it with the logic that I had always wanted to see what it would be like. I see all of the photos of silver coins and I am a believer that the ETRAC is great, but then again I am still not convinced that an Etrac will magically make silver jump out of the ground over an AT PRO. I believe the user has as much to do with this as anything else. To make a long story even longer I sold the ETRAC this past weekend and the AT PRO is set to arrive on Monday. I say if you can afford it then try them all and see what works FOR YOU! That's the only way you'll ever know...

Back
Top Bottom