what's the hardest thing about metal detecting?

People coming on a friendly forum and accusing folks that try to help others as being nar·cis·sist
ˈnärsəsəst/Submit
noun
a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
"narcissists who think the world revolves around them"
Forward Message

Absolute jerks in the hobby

Agree 100% some may view it as Cyber bullying.

Actually really Pathetic

The physical toll.

I run Tough Mudders and Spartans yearly and I always tell my wife that 8-10 hours of metal detecting wears me out just as much.

The Cracker Barrel 'BLT salad' is a good fast one for both accellerant and base combined...its got eggs and bacon in it!...A half sack of Granny Smith apples or green grapes on top of a BK Whopper w/extra onions are tough to beat for a good cheap 'Dutch Oven' treat though....Both have immense staying power, pretty much unfannible..must be the pectin? Anyway, it lingers and bow echos around the room at a Torcon Level 5 for days...

FWIW, my Beloved of 38yrs keeps a spritzer jar of Fabreeze on the nightstand, in her purse, and in the car as well...Ive got some good classics...properly 'Gerber Baby Food' jarred and catalogued from the 70's that will set sheets on fire...I only bring them out on special occasions though...they age well...like fine wine, not to be wasted on unappreciative plebes, a sensitive and appreciative palate for such things is a rare and welcomed guest though....(Here, take a wiff of this one! 1976 vintage!, Chicago Cubbies Stadium Hotdog base!.... Dr Pepper for the accellerant!)

Its a science to get it right, takes a lifetime of trial and error...I discovered you need a heavy accellerant and a solid base to build off of though...that and proper timing for full effect. A voluminous GI tract for storage/fermentation and a sphincter thats up to the task of course...to mete out airesolic colonic nectar in just the right dosages constantly and with volume is not easy!...Plus its dangerous to hold back!

Yeah, any old body can just 'blow and go' a standard Taco Bell submission on an elevator... getting it just right for everyones satisfaction takes tremendous effort and timing! Remember, 'BLT salad and green grapes' for an easy fast and fun longlasting fall back...like when the Inlaws are visiting, or you are being considered for Jury duty!...

Squelching off a perfectly timed blisterer in Church is the best! Balanced with both scent and sound! Ricocheting a tight bubble off the hardwood in a perfectly timed baritone, up to rattle the dust off the rafters, and then having it expand and cascade down its blessing on the entire congregation is priceless!!!

The kids in the Youth group will never forget that one!:laughing: Nobody else thinks its funny though...just the youthgroup kids?....Looking innocent and serious takes some practice too...just comes with the territory and a bit of practice..then the damn Wife whips out the Fabreeze bottle out of reflex and blows my cover!:laughing: And I'm like 'Really?" After 38yrs? Sitting there all innocent and prayerful? ..How am I ever going to make Deacon? You were the one that wanted to stop at the damned Cracker Barrel!
Mud
Thanks Mud,

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. You do have a way with words!

Hardest thing for me is dealing with my inexperience! I don't find even half of my targets. I dig, lose it, and move to the next one lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Agree 100% some may view it as Cyber bullying.

Actually really Pathetic

Whats the big deal about "Cyber Bullies?" Its not like they can jump through the computer screen, slap your books out of your hand, steal your lunch money or give you a real life wedgie like what was commonplace and daily in the 70's? :laughing: I dont get it...Whats the big deal? Its not at all like a face to face in the alley with Scut Farkas...

Whats the big deal about "Cyber Bullies?" Its not like they can jump through the computer screen, slap your books out of your hand, steal your lunch money or give you a real life wedgie like what was commonplace and daily in the 70's? :laughing: I dont get it...Whats the big deal? Its not at all like a face to face in the alley with Scut Farkas...

LOL@Scott Farkas !! :laughing:

He had Yellow eyes.. I swear to god Yellow eyes..

Randy lay there like slug..it was his only defense..

1. Finding good productive sites.
2. SNOW !!!
3. Frozen ground.
4. Answering dumb questions, like what are you doing or did you find any gold rings. This is why I like detecting during the week when most people are working.
Bubbaron NOX 600, AT PRO, AT CARROT PIN POINTER

Even though it's raining here today and no hunting, I sure wish I could do a hunt with Mud Puppy. I would need some dry underwear because I think I'd wet my pants laughing.

anyone ever mentioon getting a face full of dirt or sand digging? that is definately no fun like in golf its always a possibility on the down swing and catching turf sand or gravel never fun at all.

Being relatively new to this hobby, I am limited in my experiences, but so far, my LEAST favorite thing is: ANTS.

Back
Top Bottom