Advice: Xterra 705 vs Tejon/Vaquero vs AT Pro

Starting to think the Vaquero is the one I want/need. One of my requirements is a DD coil and with the price of the Vaquero being a little lower, makes it easier to afford the DD coil as well.

Vaq is a good choice, and Tesoro offers so many useful coil options.
When you get a ground balancing Tesoro with a larger search coil it will often be difficult to reach past it for the E-Trac. I have been using a Bandido II with a 10" coil this year and it is dreamy. I'm only selling it because I want the Tejon for some serious relic hunting.

I thought about the Tejon as well. It seems to be very similar to the Vaquero. My only complaint was the absence of the 9V battery. What made you choose it over the Vaquero?

I thought about the Tejon as well. It seems to be very similar to the Vaquero. My only complaint was the absence of the 9V battery. What made you choose it over the Vaquero?

I am looking for the best farm field searcher. The dual disc is useful, and it's just the most full featured detector they offer.
E-trac is great, but let's face it, it's not fast. Tejon and Vaq are both fast and deep.
Tejon is a 17.6kHz detector, so it will definitely lose depth on silver dimes. DISC knob also stops at screw cap. Unless you are looking for a relic/farm field hunter, the Vaq is best choice IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom