Madiva Washington DC (UPDATE WITH PICS)

Xaquin

Elite Member
This is not my picture, but it is the exact same bottle I found (except on mine, all the letters are intact)

It looks to be maybe from the 40s, but I can't find much info on it aside from it being blended whiskey

any value?

I also found about 100 more bottles along with this one (probably more). I packed one more out, but forgot to read what it said.

2536870468_7883616a03_z.jpg

I found a picture of the other bottle (again, not mine). This one has been painted, while mine has not.

I will attempt to clean these and post pics tonight, but more than likely it will be tomorrow

madiva01.jpg

any info would be appreciated!

edit:

the Madiva bottle hails from 1925 and was a lemon lime soda

the bottle is in the art deco style

I can't find any information on value as aside from 1 image and the patent, it appears to be off the internet lol

Last edited:
deco sodas usually, "usually" don't go for much... i had a nice deco from a small local bottler that's semi-collectible and i thought it'd go for a decent amount. couldn't pull more than 10 bucks for it.

That deco is one of the earlier styles of deco. Normally a company like Owens Illinois put out a catalog for the bottling plants and they'd choose which deco shape/style they wanted and Owens would ship them the bottles to fill....

the Mr Boston is a cool looking bottle...I have a newer one that's square that's worthless...

i've seen amber pinch bottles like yours go for .99c to 5$...

the green color might go for a bit more because of the color....

thanks for the reply =)

I think I'm just going to slap the Madiva bottle on ebay for $20 and see what happens. I was trying to find a new place to MD and ended up finding a ton of bottles that appear to be from about the 20s to the 40s

If I end up selling the Madiva one, I'll probably check out some of the others laying around =)

I love the look of the art deco bottles, but I can't start another collection or I risk being labeled a hoarder hehe

ok, this is the one I found that has been cleaned with naught but soap and water =)

(note, the picture is in front of my lamp, I didn't make it into a lamp)

535150_10150729430848279_630298278_9227466_445800157_n.jpg

it says:

Madiva
CONTENTS 6 FL oz
WASHINGTON DC

THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD
REGISTERED​

and on the back it says:

PAT. MAR 25 1925​

I like it =)

very cool bottle. I too like the old deco bottles. I have a nice Bon Ton one from Wisconsin.

I'd just take pics of some of the nonbroken bottles you've found and make sure to get the embossing/paint in your pics so we can help id them/price them.... pretty much any embossed bottle or painted bottle will be worth money..some of it really good money(that way you won't be labeled a hoarder until you bring them home and explain how much they're worth!...then stack them in boxes in the kitchen!).... Coke hobbleskirts can sell for as little as 2bucks and as much as 100 depending upon the town...

here's my bon-ton..they even embossed the bottom bon-ton...

Attachments

• bontondecofront.JPG
    bontondecofront.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 380
  • BonTondecolabel.JPG
    BonTondecolabel.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 395
  • bontondecobottom.JPG
    bontondecobottom.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 387
Thanks!

I put up the bottle on ebay for $15 just for fun and it sold in about 8 hours for full price

guess I should have gone higher lol

I'll be making the trek into the woods for the other hundred or so bottles =)

speaking of bottle lamps..... I "love" when people paint blobtops and embossed milks in a country pattern or take old demijohn bottles or Hutch bottles and make them into lamps.... Etsy is full of those crafts...

Back
Top Bottom