90 Year Old Dog License

5 mile

Forum Supporter
1927 My oldest dog license I've found. This poor old dog was a county away from home too.

I also had company on the walk back to the truck.:D

Attachments

• IMAG0758[1].jpg
    IMAG0758[1].jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMAG0760[1].jpg
    IMAG0760[1].jpg
    114 KB · Views: 373
  • IMAG0755[1].jpg
    IMAG0755[1].jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 369
That an oldie! Big Congrats! I don't see as many toad frogs as I used to. Back when I was kid you'd see scores of them at night gathering around the porch lights to catch bugs.

beephead

My old hound lost one of his license tags a couple years ago, probably while running around in a field - cool to think that someone 90-100 years from now may dig it up for a nice find :grin:

Nice dig! I wonder if Hancock County would still have record of the license from that long ago?? Maybe find out a bit more about the pooch, and the owner...would make for a neat story!

Really cool dog tag... CONGRATS! I found a191? one from my city (in rough condition) in the shape of a dog house last year & a 1919 one this year from a neighboring city in the shape of the letter D. Two of my favorite finds. :yes:

That an oldie! Big Congrats! I don't see as many toad frogs as I used to. Back when I was kid you'd see scores of them at night gathering around the porch lights to catch bugs.

beephead

Yeah a nice old find there 5mile! We used to be able to catch all sorts of toads and frogs back in the 60's/70's. Salamanders, snakes, turtles....It was nothing to go into any little ditch or wet area and come out of there with a bucket full of leopard frogs in a few hours just for fun. Also Bees, nothing to go catch a baby food jar full of them off the clovers in Urban yards just to see if you could do it for fun,...Like Beep mentioned, toads out at night all over the place!

Somethings happened though...If somebody asked me to catch them 20 leopard frogs for $1000, I doubt I could do it...You just dont see toads and frogs anymore...I believe their decline perfectly coincides with the advent of the use of Roundup in the late 70's....I havnt seen a bee in a while...not in the numbers there used to be on every clover or dandelion in a yard...

Not wanting to go off topic here, just sharing some noticeings of a misspent Life outdoors mainly wandering around...

Cool find! I dug a "Dog Tax Tag" license with serial number on it a while back...best I remember from the early 1900's...I will try to find it and post a pic

My family is from Hancock County. Makes me start singing John Denver tunes seeing your post.

Good digs!

Pawaide

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1927 My oldest dog license I've found. This poor old dog was a county away from home too.

I wonder if you could get that back to their former owners, or their children. I'll bet they would cry with happiness to get such a momento.

Ok, not really. :)

I wonder if you could get that back to their former owners, or their children. I'll bet they would cry with happiness to get such a momento.

Ok, not really. :)

Cool find!

Back
Top Bottom