Here's Is What High Hopes Will Get You

beephead

Elite Member
I went to the new permission just knowing that I was going to mop up on silver coins. I pulled out the Deus and started my grid search of the front yard. Right off I found a handle to a toy gun. That's a good sign.

After grid searching the front yard from east to west, I decided to go back over it again from north to south. I finally cornered a 1951 Rosie dime and few wheat pennies. Confident that I found all that I going to find in the front yard I headed to the back yard.

I found a few more wheat pennies before getting a audio and ID number telling me that I had a silver half under my search coil. It turned out to be a silver knife handle instead. I bet some kid took mom's silverware outside to do digging in the backyard and ended up breaking it. I forgot to get a hole shot, because the homeowner came out about that time and I showed it to her.

On my way home I drove around looking for another permission. I saw a guy out working on his house and decided to stop and ask for permission to detect his yard. I introduced myself and told him that I have detected nearly every yard up and down the street except for his and would it be OK if I detect his as well. He said sure have at it. I told him that I was too tired to do it today and I'd have to do it at later date. He said fine, just make sure I do it before 2 weeks because he's closing on his house then.

I bet this large corner lot is going to be loaded up with silver coins. LOL

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 511
Oh Man! Corner lot! You Know its loaded with all sorts of silver from the 40's/50's! Those corners were the gathering places of us kids back then! Under the street light, 'playing kick the can', 'ghost in the graveyard!' etc! Get it Beephead!

Oh Man! Corner lot! You Know its loaded with all sorts of silver from the 40's/50's! Those corners were the gathering places of us kids back then! Under the street light, 'playing kick the can', 'ghost in the graveyard!' etc! Get it Beephead!

Thanks! I'm thinking the same way because across the street on the 3 house lots that I have already detected, I bet I've found over 20 silver coins, plus that 5 dollar gold coin pendant. Corner lots really attract kids. I bet the ice cream man even stopped on that corner and kid's lot money while buying ice cream. I hope its not another flop like today's hunt was on silver coins.

beephead

I went to the new permission just knowing that I was going to mop up on silver coins. I pulled out the Deus and started my grid search of the front yard. Right off I found a handle to a toy gun. That's a good sign.

After grid searching the front yard from east to west, I decided to go back over it again from north to south. I finally cornered a 1951 Rosie dime and few wheat pennies. Confident that I found all that I going to find in the front yard I headed to the back yard.

I found a few more wheat pennies before getting a audio and ID number telling me that I had a silver half under my search coil. It turned out to be a silver knife handle instead. I bet some kid took mom's silverware outside to do digging in the backyard and ended up breaking it. I forgot to get a hole shot, because the homeowner came out about that time and I showed it to her.

On my way home I drove around looking for another permission. I saw a guy out working on his house and decided to stop and ask for permission to detect his yard. I introduced myself and told him that I have detected nearly every yard up and down the street except for his and would it be OK if I detect his as well. He said sure have at it. I told him that I was too tired to do it today and I'd have to do it at later date. He said fine, just make sure I do it before 2 weeks because he's closing on his house then.

I bet this large corner lot is going to be loaded up with silver coins. LOL

beephead

That's a big chunk of silver! I would love something like that. $10 in scrap is $10 in scrap!

Ehh Beephead it wasn't a total flop I'd love a site like that! Skippy 10 bucks in scrap? Surely it's worth more than that in weight hehe! Mud I can't say what in the world ghost in the graveyard is?? Enlightenment on this one good sir! I played hide and seek in my day and well dice, pogs and tore it up in the bmx bike!!

BEEP is at it again.
I think a bunch of us should go south for a few days to help Beep find some of that silver. I don't want him to have all of it.
The only problem I would have, is my Tesoro wont go as deep as the one he is using.

Nice job Beep. Keep us informed on the other corner.. KEN :D

That's a big chunk of silver! I would love something like that. $10 in scrap is $10 in scrap!
Thanks! Oh I'm happy with it. I was just expecting more silver coins from that site.

Ehh Beephead it wasn't a total flop I'd love a site like that! Skippy 10 bucks in scrap? Surely it's worth more than that in weight hehe! Mud I can't say what in the world ghost in the graveyard is?? Enlightenment on this one good sir! I played hide and seek in my day and well dice, pogs and tore it up in the bmx bike!!
Thanks! I weighed it and it's 37 grams.

BEEP is at it again.
I think a bunch of us should go south for a few days to help Beep find some of that silver. I don't want him to have all of it.
The only problem I would have, is my Tesoro wont go as deep as the one he is using.

Nice job Beep. Keep us informed on the other corner.. KEN :D
Thanks! I'm planning on hitting that site in the morning.

Congrats Beep! That knife handle is beautiful!
Thanks! It looked good coming out of the ground. I sure was expecting a large silver coin though.

I'd spank that handle into a monstrous ring! Nice ones!
Thanks! I can that being made into a ring.

Congrats on the rosie and the sterling! Look forward to see what comes outta that corner lot, GL!
Thanks! It's going to be a hot hunt, because there are no trees in the yard to shade me. I'm going to get an early start to beat the heat. I don't plan on leaving that site until I have some silver or gold in the pouch.

Also I'm going to start out without the remote screen and go strictly by full audio tones to ID the targets. This should interesting.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom