Totlot Indian!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
First target in my favorite totter this morning, underneath the horizontal tire swing! 1874 IHP! I have been hitting this Elementary school place for years, Sat or Sunday Mornings, probably 300 times...The horizontal tire swing is the first location, so I start there, and I work the rest of the place on a steady autopilot...I could do it with my eyes closed....My Sunday morning early milk route run...

Over the years, I've gotten two gold items out of here, and lord, just lots of clad, paper money, pencils, whathaveyou...one time a spill of 4 dollar coins under the swings...anyway...its been real light pickens for the past year, but I still keep going there....First target, ping...A fresh dropped IHP! So what naturally comes to a guys mind?

SOME KID RAIDED GRANDPAS COIN COLLECTION!!!!WOOOWEEEE! No telling what else could be in here today! The hair on the back of my neck stood up thinking about all the Silver Dollars, Seateds! $20Gold coins! A copper 1943 Wheatie!!!! Maybe a 1944 Steelie, or a 1913 V nickel? All tossed around out here like skittles!

As this thought hit me, I had to stagger over to the slide to take a picture, sit down and calmly have a smoke.....Gazing over the place through the blue fog of the nonfilter, Sun not up yet, surreal and exciting! Like Loch Ness, except with monkey bars and swing sets!! I had to go wee wee all of the sudden, so I did....Then, I stood up, put my phones back on, squished the smoke out in the damp chips I created, and I went to work it serious!...to no further avail...:mad:

Then, I headed home, and picked some Lilacs for my Wife along side the road, snatched up 7 errant cans in the ditch, (70c). Stopped at the beer store and got me some...along with 3 $2 scratchoffs, one of which garnered $10! Wooo! $4 positive on my investment! In your face 401k!:laughing:

Near as I can determine, this coin is in 'good' condition, worth maybe $15 at my next coin club meeting perhaps....I'll take it..Successful morning just out dinking around....Kids are notorious thieves...

Attachments

• Ihp 17-1.jpg
    Ihp 17-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Ihp 17-2.jpg
    Ihp 17-2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Ihp 17.jpg
    Ihp 17.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 318
Nice score!
I found ny first buff in a totlot in Sheboygan a few years back - probably the same scenario:D

Cool old injun, you never know what those damn kids will do...

Right place, right time, congrats..

<°)))>{

That's amazing! I always hit the tot lot at the end of a park hunt when I'm feeling depressed at what I dug up the two hours prior. Never thought you'd find stuff like this though!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do you think your last year of disappointing tot lots is a sign of people's lack of change?

That's amazing! I always hit the tot lot at the end of a park hunt when I'm feeling depressed at what I dug up the two hours prior. Never thought you'd find stuff like this though!

I'll tell you...there is a real science to setting up a milk run of 'pay off totters'..Its not just going all at it higgledy piggledy...Theres just as much skill to hunting totters as there is in becoming a Master in any of the other genres this Sport affords....All sorts of deep skills...A guy could write a book about this topic alone...

Anyway, we have all seen some absolutely Monumental finds coming out of stupid little inconsequential totters...Big gold chains and 24k rings, silver dollars, foreign coins, wads of big money...We follow humans, and humans hang out in totters...just look in the garbage can to see what goes on in a totter...It changes with the seasons...

Totter hunters are subsistence grinders, following the humans, and understanding how they interact with structure and demographics.......Like Capt Phil said, "Stay on the crab!"...

FWIW, That big stack of money came out of this very totter a couple years ago......Even though its an elementary school, It gets some adult nighttime traffic...so yeah, I keep going back...

Attachments

• may 23-15-1.jpg
    may 23-15-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Capt Phil.jpg
    Capt Phil.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Nice lil injun Mud! An I can go as far as assuming that this particular totlot is in that one bad area of town? With the big amount of cash and all! I've only ever eyeballed 101 dollar bills while detecting! Ya know Mud I love reading your posts I think you should write the book on totloting.... I am always entertained reading your threads and posts... Happy Hunting!!!

MetalHead

I enjoyed reading this thread. I once found $80.00 on the side of the road while riding my bike but man, that's cool.

When I was a kid I remember my dad lost about a $100 he had in a cigarette pack he tossed. Since then I always look in empty packs I find out and about.
Find the damnedest things in them sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom