• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gotta check those coinstar machines!

73diesel

After seeing all the sweet coinstar finds posted here, I have got my 10 year old checking the machines every time he and the wife are at the grocery store. Since last year he has scored 3 silver Rosie's, a merc, a few wheats and a handful of foreign coins. Last nights finds topped them all. A 1957 quarter and a 1843 Half Dime!!! Needless to say, he was out of his mind with excitement!
17b1c664fe4cdd3509eade25fb30f316.jpg
0b0e21bef179a47b7652f3d32205b219.jpg

So funny, I was at the supermarket last night on my way home after work and walked by the Coinstar...looked for a second at the reject bin and saw 4 coins, so I casually grabbed them. 3 were just rotten old Zincs and 1 was a 1941 wheat...ah, the simple pleasures in life.

I'm new here, so what are we talking about? I understand what coinstar is, but how are you procuring the coins?

Check the reject tray. The machine spits out anything it doesn't recognize as modern change. So silver coins wind up there and some people don't bother to pick them out.

Yes. It is quite amazing what can pop up in the Coinstar rejection slot. I would love to have found that half-dime. That is a great find.

Check the reject tray. The machine spits out anything it doesn't recognize as modern change. So silver coins wind up there and some people don't bother to pick them out.

Thank you. I searched for a while after posting it and this morning I made a declaration to my wife and kids to check them whenever they see a coinstar machine and bring all coinage back to daddy.

My experience is, you have a better chance of finding something when the stores are busy. Otherwise the workers when idle, check the machines too. Of course, timing is important...

That is unreal! :cool:

When I get to look in the bin, usually stuff like paper clips, rubber bands and pocket lint are all I get to look at. :laughing:

Well he's done it again! Tonight's haul was a 1963 Franklin half, a 1944 merc, a 1945 merc, and a 1941 nickel! Hopefully his lucky streak continues for a while more! The mercs are in beautiful condition. Look to be uncirculated!
81f18ae1d45b66e6b1a2047bf57befd7.jpg

0ce28854e8b6fdccc28c83eb88bed422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom