Is the Garrett Adapter Waterproof?

Isaac43

Banned
I would like to know because my headphones broke in a heavy rainstorm yesterday, and I was wondering if my Garrett Headphone Adapter could also be broken? Thanks in advance.

- Isaac

No I dont believe its waterproof I usually tape it up and try to n protect it

That's very unfortunate. It says on their website that you should not submerge it... I guess that also means I cannot use it in the rain... well this sucks. I guess I'll test and see if it still work using the Garrett Stock Headphones... :no:

Thank you.

That's very unfortunate. It says on their website that you should not submerge it... I guess that also means I cannot use it in the rain... well this sucks. I guess I'll test and see if it still work using the Garrett Stock Headphones... :no:

I know I had trouble with one prob got wet so I called em up sent it nack they sent me a new one

Get the Gray Ghost Amph. that way you don't have to worry about rain or water. HH, phil

Get the Gray Ghost Amph. that way you don't have to worry about rain or water. HH, phil

Was planning on that, do you know if the Garrett Adapter is waterproof with non-waterproof headphones? Could the water have gotten into the plugged in headphones?

I used the adapter heavily in the rainy PNW, with it mounted underneath the arm cuff. It never gave me issue when it worked, but after a year and a half it died. Don't think it was from water though. Eventually it just wouldn't hold the headphones in anymore and the sound would cut in and out.

I think if you keep it out of standing water, and make very sure to not get dirt or mud or anything inside the jack, its fine to use in the rain.

Back
Top Bottom