Connecting Atpro coil

goneriding11

connected coil, threaded easily but about 2 threads still show. Is this right? also, the screw thing is silver and not black like in the DVD and it goes all the way with zero threads shown. Mine has 2 threads exposed. I take it this is just b/c I have a newer model? also, does anyone else find it significantly more difficult to connect than a fisher? watched the DVD and read manual.

last thing, the black caps stay off, correct? I see no way to get them on. so far, ATpro is AMAZING. 1st real test tomorrow. thanks.

None of the threads show on mine when the coil is connected. Make sure the o ring didn't pop out the side of the connector or you could have problems including damaging the o ring. You can add a bit of silicone grease to make it seat easier too.

Mine is a 2011 model that came with black connectors on the coil and the control box. I had a small problem with it (I think it was water) so I called Garrett and sent it in. It came back with a new coil and new connectors on the control box, all chrome.

I don't own a Fisher so I cant comment on that, but I have no problem connecting the ATPro coils or headphones.

I leave the cap on the headphone jack, and on my coils that I'm not using.

I hope this helped.

Jeff

I have a 2013 AT Gold model and it has the chrome connectors for both the coil and headphones just as yours does. I just went and checked for you and after my coil is properly connected and my headphones are properly connected, there are no threads showing for either. I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure. Yes, it is not as easy as the video eludes to when tightening down the coil chrome connector either.

To get mine fully seated i tighten the ring then gently push the plug in a little farthet while wiggling it a little , then tighten the ring a little more , repeat until no threads showing. You have to be careful with it but this should get the job done

Hey there. I keep the black cap on the headphone jack when not in use. Also, when not in use, I cover the connection ends of my coils with plastic cling wrap and a rubber band to keep them clean. I have no threads showing on either of my connections. I make sure the o-ring is properly seated and not twisted or anything and I gently wiggle the plug while I am tightning the ring. I have found that the headphone connection does loosen after use so I check it before each hunt. GL and HH. Matt

All good replies here! :grin:

I change coils a lot and the first time seating a new O ring, it is kind of intimidating because they don't fully seat easily. They do get easier the more the coil is used though.

I always use dielectric grease on all of the AT Pro O rings and it does make seating them the first time easier.

All good replies here! :grin:

I change coils a lot and the first time seating a new O ring, it is kind of intimidating because they don't fully seat easily. They do get easier the more the coil is used though.

I always use dielectric grease on all of the AT Pro O rings and it does make seating them the first time easier.

Yes, taking if off and one a few times REALLY helps!

Back
Top Bottom