silver, gold and platinum ONLY?

goneriding11

is there a detector that finds those things and those only? I don't care if I swing for 10+ hours without finding anything. I'm serious, I want that detector if it exists. digging pennies is driving me CRAZY.

also, just traded in an F5 for an ATpro that will be here in a week or so. good choice? got some demonstrations done (live right next door to kellyco) and ATpro ws the only non minelab that could tell the difference between a pop-top and a quarter. includes, white MXT pro, fisher, tesoro and ATpro. ETRAC when I detect 3k worth of stuff is gonna be new toy. hopefully the ATpro goes much, much smoother than fisher F5. F2 was awesome when I had it though.

-Bret

The fisher , minelab and Garrett manuals (that I've read) explain why that is such a challenge. Additionally because most precious metals are not pure, and detectors are compensating with other minerals in the ground, it makes it hard to discern the true identity of a target. So the next best thing is to show two items....% ferrous and conductivity.

If you are looking to get rich fast by only digging that you are in the wrong hobby and should get out. The fun is not knowing what you are digging up and the silver and gold are the big winnings like scratch tickets. Meany small winners and meany non winnings and every now and again a big one is the gold or platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not "get rich fast" but was looking for a hobby that was fun in the sun, decent workout, and mildly lucrative. like 2-4k a year for 10-15 hours a week. I daytrade, play poker and do some currency exchange and looked this up for 6 weeks before I decided I could maybe make 3$/hour as a hobby that had multiple benefits.

-Bret

also, I collected rocks and coins as a kid so it really is a hobby that fits all my needs. plus, watching the ETRAC and ctx 3030 in action was pretty awesome. definitely the machines to buy.

No such a detector has not yet been made. Or at least not to the public?

The key to what you want is LOCATION. A nice busy beach can produce a fair flow of gold, silver and platinum but it still will be work. You will dig a lot of garbage just about anywhere you go when looking for gold & platinum because they register just like garbage other than that smooth steady tone and VDI.

The key to what you want is LOCATION....You will dig a lot of garbage just about anywhere you go when looking for gold & platinum because they register just like garbage other than that smooth steady tone and VDI.

+1......also, the Minelab tuning books by Andy Sabisch might help but are based on location. For instance, he talks about how to tune the ML machines to a certain size/mass of gold & based on a known depth. Then when he is racing against other MD's he'll quickly scan the area to find the known items. Afterward, he removes all the discrimination settings to thoroughly go over the area. Even this "master" of tuning, states what Detector mentioned above -- garbage and precious metals often ring up the same.

If you really want to understand the root cause of this from an engineering & programming perspective, google search Minelabs Youtube videos, keyword, Pi vs VLF. There is a 3-part series from Minelab engineers that provides a technical and in depth explanation.

not "get rich fast" but was looking for a hobby that was fun in the sun, decent workout, and mildly lucrative. like 2-4k a year for 10-15 hours a week. I daytrade, play poker and do some currency exchange and looked this up for 6 weeks before I decided I could maybe make 3$/hour as a hobby that had multiple benefits.

-Bret

i think you're setting your sights a bit high there. :yes: sure, those figures theoretically could happen, but consistently? nope, not likely. :no:

Back
Top Bottom