AT Pro 9x12 coil

kreagerm

Elite Member
Is There a difference in dept with the 9x12 Concentric coil vs the 8.5x11 DD coil?

Any thoughts on the 9x12 coil for coin hunting?

The graph I have seen on the forum says there is a slight depth increase, depending on the object. I haven't heard of anyone using it yet. The 8.5x11DD seems to work so well not many people appear interested in the larger coil.

If you are looking at coils, you would be better spending your money on a smaller coil. The 5x8 works great, and I get very close to metal fences, and trees, etc. And it's lighter and creates much less drag in water.

I got a 9x12 concentric to try out in Lake Michigan this summer. I saw a test graph another member posted and it appeared to hit gold rings deeper than the stock DD coil.

Hunting in the big lake is usually few targets well spread out and deep in the sand so one has to cover a lot of ground. There is almost zero mineralization.

We'll see how it goes, I have no complaints with the 8.5x11 or the 5x8 DD's I just want to try something different for different conditions.

I'm definitly getting the 5x8 but was curious about the larger coil. I did find the graph and it doesn't look like you gain to much depth across the board. But it is nice trying our something new.

I'm definitly getting the 5x8 but was curious about the larger coil. I did find the graph and it doesn't look like you gain to much depth across the board. But it is nice trying our something new.

When water hunting holes in the surf sometimes even an inch more depth is enough to gain you several more targets per hole.

Worth a try! :D

Back
Top Bottom