First time in the lane with my PI Pro

icanmakethatshot

Well, I got up early this morning, went down to Va Beach, the only place I could park was down at Rudee. I got there about 5:45AM and went down to the water, started hunting at 1st st. and made it up to 10th st. by 9am. I don't know if I was doing something wrong, or another hunter beat me to the lane, I didn't see any other tracks or holes. Met one other dude with a detector, he was from richmond and had a garrett 1200(?) he got at a flea market. He didn't know anything about it, but he turned it on and the damn thing talked to him, in english! He stayed up in the dry stuff, I was getting wet in the lane, and finding NOTHING but junk. I think I have enough sparkler sticks and crab pot pieces to make my own crab pot. Grand total for the 3 hours down there, one nickle, four pennies, and a bag full of wire and hooks. I think the city should pay me by the pound for cleaning all that crap from the beach.

I am going back tomorrow morning, I just want to find some place to park that a. isn't going to cost me $10 and b. I will not have to walk 20 blocks just to get someplace good. The municipal lots were not open yet, and the metered parking doesn't activate until 6am.

If anyone would like to meet up tomorrow morning, or knows a good place to park on the north side of the fishing pier up to about 30th, I would appreciate any help ya'll can provide.

I would have taken a pic of my "saturday nut" but I wouldn't want to waste the bandwidth here for such a shoddy harvest.

Thanks
Chris

TFF on "shoddy harvest"

Chris talking with other Va hunters they have told me there is a lot of the junk you talk about in the water down there and its why they hunt with discriminating machines there.. I feel your pain though as I am also a PI user ;) Sparkler season is about to begin soon here :( although they rust out pretty fast...

Back
Top Bottom