Excalibur Question?

glory-days

In order to keep sand from getting between the coil cover and the coil, has anyone used silicone to seal the cover? How has it worked for you and is it recommended? Thank you in advance, glory-days

I use silicone on my coils for all of my detectors and it works well but a lot of guys who do not use a coil cover instead use epoxy to coat the entire coil.

Sometimes I cheat.....I take off the coil cover....when I work a beach with no rocks it is not a problem.

I used to have that problem on my previous machines, but only when I would place the coil into the water. Here's what I have done... Once that coil cover is on there, there's no real reason to take it off except to replace it because it wore through. (The reason we all use them... They're cheaper than a new coil!) Anyway, I use a very small amount of aquarium sealer (bathroom caulk doesn't hold as well) all the way around the lip. It doesn't take much and is pretty much invisible if you don't over do it. Then, if you ever need to replace it just take a real small straight edge screw driver and carefully remove it. Once it starts to come off, it's easy to remove. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom