Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Owl Engineering
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 01-30-2022, 09:06 PM
Supporter

Default PI for freshwater

I have a sandbar people have been parting at for the last 50 years. The thing gets pounded by detectorist all summer. The recent drops get collected every day by the retirees.

I'm thinking on trying a PI to go after the old gold. Anybody have a recommendation on a PI for freshwater? The sandbar has very few targets. You can walk around for an hour without getting a signal.

I currently use the modded excal. I was going to watch the pawn shops and try to find a deal on a PI.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by CW3 View post
I have a sandbar people have been parting at for the last 50 years. The thing gets pounded by detectorist all summer. The recent drops get collected every day by the retirees.

I'm thinking on trying a PI to go after the old gold. Anybody have a recommendation on a PI for freshwater? The sandbar has very few targets. You can walk around for an hour without getting a signal.

I currently use the modded excal. I was going to watch the pawn shops and try to find a deal on a PI.

No... I tried using a PI at a freshwater lake and was rewarded with over 150 nails

Whites MXT All Pro
Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers: 1080

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Supporter

Iím not building a house now, so no use for 150 nails.

Iíll keep messing with the wot coil.

Thanks