Calabash back after the gold today with Deus 2 on beach

Sorry they cost you the DF buddy... The good is you did not have to go thru all the grief of owning the AQ. :dash2: What a piece of junk it is...:D And If it makes you feel any better, CB told me ...

I guess I'm double lucky......:sunny:

You crack me up... if you thought it was a piece of junk you would not be using... you think you can fool us? :laughing:

You have to stop being so nice... beach hunters aren't nice :lol:

I am from CT also. When I get my DeusII we can go neck and neck on beach and relic sites. Deal?

I know you are from CT... I do the registrations here.. I ban the scammers and spammers that try to get in and the occasional troll...

We will have to talk about sharing spots... I have done a lot of research to find what I find :yes:

My spots are not for the weak... I don't dig in sand... you can ask SurfMaster about our rocks and as he calls it stink mud... don't be bringing a nice scoop unless you want it to look like it was run over by a M1 Abrams :D

Sorry they cost you the DF buddy... The good is you did not have to go thru all the grief of owning the AQ. :dash2: What a piece of junk it is...:D And If it makes you feel any better, CB told me ...

I guess I'm double lucky......:sunny:

That "double lucky and to buy a lotto ticket" was a comment towards me...lol

I should also add a Nox in my area hates those hidden cellphone antenna's they hide in buildings along the beach. Be interesting to see what a Deus2 does. A CTX you can tune it out. A Nox in my area you say are running a 24 sensitivity. You crank it down to 14 to deal with and and your depth is gone. I can not tune them out. 8G maybe?:lol:

A trick I learned with antennae here is to turn my back to it. Lifeguard tower on the pier can get bad. It's not foolproof and I may be absorbing a ton of radiation , but it does help.

I remember everyone laughing and calling me out a few years ago with my Nox. It had no updates. Signal was a constant -5. Learning and figuring out the Nox took me awile. So being a PI hunter , I dug everything for a long time to learn my new machine in the mineralized sand I was hunting. To my amazement at 16" , out popped a honker gold ring that I though was going to be a bottlecap. Once out , it read normal. But buried deep , it was trash. Finally I kept quiet as others over time started to figure it out and post similar findings. Though I no longer own a Nox , I still believe it is a 95% dig it all machine on the beach.

I am from CT also. When I get my DeusII we can go neck and neck on beach and relic sites. Deal?

I am still on the fence about the D2 to be used here on the CT beaches. I am running the AQ, Nox, and Excal. The Nox picks up very fine pieces of can slaw and shots of lead that sound like gold. The AQ is even deeper and smaller pieces of metal at depth.

As for the D2, I don't think you can avoid them and if you are running at Beach Sensitivity mode. If you are after micro gold that is a lot of digging for the few pieces that may exists.

A trick I learned with antennae here is to turn my back to it. Lifeguard tower on the pier can get bad. It's not foolproof and I may be absorbing a ton of radiation , but it does help.

I remember everyone laughing and calling me out a few years ago with my Nox. It had no updates. Signal was a constant -5. Learning and figuring out the Nox took me awile. So being a PI hunter , I dug everything for a long time to learn my new machine in the mineralized sand I was hunting. To my amazement at 16" , out popped a honker gold ring that I though was going to be a bottlecap. Once out , it read normal. But buried deep , it was trash. Finally I kept quiet as others over time started to figure it out and post similar findings. Though I no longer own a Nox , I still believe it is a 95% dig it all machine on the beach.

I agree about the 95%. And I have at least 1000 hours at the beach using it. I also have over 60 gold rings in the 3 to 4 years using it.

I use my Deus all the time on the wet/damp and dry beach. Using only tones when hunting and will use the graph screen to check if needs be.
My Deus with the HF coils have not let me down so far.
Here is a pic of my last hunt. Clad and bling to be sure but still finding stuff. The beach and wave action was doing its best to help me find the goods.
I will not be ordering the Deus II…..slowly!:lol:

Attachments

• D9B6736B-C5FA-4475-81C7-235D46EFDEFB.jpg
    D9B6736B-C5FA-4475-81C7-235D46EFDEFB.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 153

Wish I was closer, I would take you up on that. I really want to know how it does deep in the saltwater. Once that coil is under 3 to 4 feet, I'm sure its water tight. You got some good spots we could do comparing.

I'm not expecting to see many around here for several years. Most here have vested in the Nox, and really don't find much gold to finance a upgrade.

I know you are from CT... I do the registrations here.. I ban the scammers and spammers that try to get in and the occasional troll...

We will have to talk about sharing spots... I have done a lot of research to find what I find :yes:

My spots are not for the weak... I don't dig in sand... you can ask SurfMaster about our rocks and as he calls it stink mud... don't be bringing a nice scoop unless you want it to look like it was run over by a M1 Abrams :D

I am not at all unfamiliar with the coast line here! Been here done the entire coast. When it comes to my relic sites, you need some great legs.

My Deus 2 arrives next week, it's in the mail, so you can expect that underwater hunt next weekend

My opinion

Most beach salt hunters have several machines , proven to do the job , most are not looking for yet another Vlf , most are multi frequency--- now used , in my case I am. Looking for a PI , I have none now , needed for relentless- on going beach replenishment depth penitration , which no vlf will cut the .mustard, The Deus 2 might be yet another proven vlf Beach machine down the road however , plenty out there , but depth wise 4 what I want , no vlf can beat the depth , or black sand capabilities of a pi in salt , so Bring me out A new pi around that price , the market is wide open , hope all manufacturers are tuning in , since the AQ failed , Whites gone , let's go ML , I will be waiting on a plane jumper with the new ML PI great on gold , they have the technology, & the best gold machines in the world , it's time for a PI gold slayer mega depth machine to arrive under 2k , waterproof to 200ft not 3 meters , no screen needed , beach wet., water , BEAST , I will dig 2 foot holes again 4 rewards of gold , I look back now at all the vlf multi frequency machines over the past 5 years , just yet another vlf multi with minor improvements, or features with depth that can't complete with a PI :hornetsnest::drums::realitycheck:

You don't want a lime green Excal... they are only worth about $400 :yes:

Already have a lime green 10". It is a backup in case all my blues went down. :D Also got a couple blue 10" and a blue 8". Always thinking about a back up 8" since it works better for me IN the water. Especially in our waves. Luckily i have a few replacement thick coils.

Did buy a blue in a pawn shop for $80 once. Use it for repair parts for the other blues. Bought the 8" from a friend of yours with OBN mods. Think he has regretted selling it ever since? I do not know why when something new is coming out, some think what you are using becomes junk? I buy others junk:lol: I did tell my friends when i got one of the first Nox's that came out, get ready for a lot of competition on the beach. Not because it was better, but because it was a lot cheaper and lighter. And look where we are now. I can go to Daytona and see 15 Nox's and only one or two Excal's and maybe 3 CTX's.

But using a Nox since they first came out i don't feel i have an advantage even though i use it all the time. Not that my CTX doesn't spank it's butt. But because the CTX gets heavy as heck. I know when i started using a Nox my gold chain finds died. Maybe coincidence? Maybe not ? Just my gold chain finds paid off my CTX more than once:shock:

Most beach salt hunters have several machines , proven to do the job , most are not looking for yet another Vlf , most are multi frequency--- now used , in my case I am. Looking for a PI , I have none now , needed for relentless- on going beach replenishment depth penitration , which no vlf will cut the .mustard, The Deus 2 might be yet another proven vlf Beach machine down the road however , plenty out there , but depth wise 4 what I want , no vlf can beat the depth , or black sand capabilities of a pi in salt , so Bring me out A new pi around that price , the market is wide open , hope all manufacturers are tuning in , since the AQ failed , Whites gone , let's go ML , I will be waiting on a plane jumper with the new ML PI great on gold , they have the technology, & the best gold machines in the world , it's time for a PI gold slayer mega depth machine to arrive under 2k , waterproof to 200ft not 3 meters , no screen needed , beach wet., water , BEAST , I will dig 2 foot holes again 4 rewards of gold , I look back now at all the vlf multi frequency machines over the past 5 years , just yet another vlf multi with minor improvements, or features with depth that can't complete with a PI :hornetsnest::drums::realitycheck:
Me and someone else also use DFX's with bigfoot coils to compliment the others. I was fixing to order some Whites Maxxpacks batteries and found i can't find them anymore. And the AA battery holders went from $5 to $40. Fixing to have to build my own batteries. Sad Whites bit the dust. If it wasn't for them i would not likely be in detecting. Started with Garrett and my personal experience with them still chaps my backside.

Itsaring

I herd a place I. VA, still sells Whites parts , I had the name of the place but trashed it when I sold the DF making room 4 the AQ , maybe someone else will chime in on the place that has whites parts with that VA address & Number 4 U , Earl

Already have a lime green 10". It is a backup in case all my blues went down. :D Also got a couple blue 10" and a blue 8". Always thinking about a back up 8" since it works better for me IN the water. Especially in our waves. Luckily i have a few replacement thick coils.

Did buy a blue in a pawn shop for $80 once. Use it for repair parts for the other blues. Bought the 8" from a friend of yours with OBN mods. Think he has regretted selling it ever since? I do not know why when something new is coming out, some think what you are using becomes junk? I buy others junk:lol: I did tell my friends when i got one of the first Nox's that came out, get ready for a lot of competition on the beach. Not because it was better, but because it was a lot cheaper and lighter. And look where we are now. I can go to Daytona and see 15 Nox's and only one or two Excal's and maybe 3 CTX's.

But using a Nox since they first came out i don't feel i have an advantage even though i use it all the time. Not that my CTX doesn't spank it's butt. But because the CTX gets heavy as heck. I know when i started using a Nox my gold chain finds died. Maybe coincidence? Maybe not ? Just my gold chain finds paid off my CTX more than once:shock:

If you have your Excal modded and headphones that amplify the signal that will give you that edge..

Come for a visit like OBN did years ago... you may like the changing seasons instead of hunting replenishment sand.. you may say I want to live here and go snowplowing with Craig to make a little extra money :lol:

I herd a place I. VA, still sells Whites parts , I had the name of the place but trashed it when I sold the DF making room 4 the AQ , maybe someone else will chime in on the place that has whites parts with that VA address & Number 4 U , Earl

Whites operator manuals for theyre machines like vx3, mx5 etc are up on the Garrett site,,so I’m assuming Garrett has whites stockpile of parts,etc and are planning on fixing them too. Not sure but worth a try for anyone with a whites problem to call Garrett.

Back
Top Bottom