New to the hobby

jimlj

When I was in junior high I bought and assembled a Radio Shack metal detector kit, so I guess I can't say I'm totally new to the hobby, but it's been 50 or more years.

I bought a Simplex+ WHP on the advice of a dealer who could have sold me other more expensive detectors. I was told I'd have to pay several hundred more to get something with the same capability. I don't know if it's true but I hope to find out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a carry bag for the Simplex? I have a bag I can put it in if I disassemble it, but I don't want to do that every time I use it.

A gun carry style bag ... They make metal detectors carry bag .. N/M has one but that thing you prob can get 4 simplex's in it

Welcome, Yes a few of the companies like minelab make detector bags.

I was looking into something like a archery hard case or a rifle case that would allow storage without disassembly, but they were on the pricey side.

When I was in junior high I bought and assembled a Radio Shack metal detector kit, so I guess I can't say I'm totally new to the hobby, but it's been 50 or more years.

I bought a Simplex+ WHP on the advice of a dealer who could have sold me other more expensive detectors. I was told I'd have to pay several hundred more to get something with the same capability. I don't know if it's true but I hope to find out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a carry bag for the Simplex? I have a bag I can put it in if I disassemble it, but I don't want to do that every time I use it.

Well in my opinion that dealer is correct I purchased one for my grandson and for as cheap as the simplex plus is I do not think you went wrong from what I am seeing in it, it is an amazing $250 detector great depth, water proof and several other features that are really good, and in my opinion for a single frequency detector it is the best bang for your buck

the simplex plus reduces down to pretty short with out having to take it apart it is very compact when everything is slid together, you do not have to take anything apart at all
I am unsure what the collapsed length is for the simplex plus but I do know you can find some decent carry bags on Kellyco and a few other places for relatively cheap

Welcome to the hobby and forum from Pittsburgh Pa. From what I have read the Simplex is a very capable machine. I'm sure you will do well with it. Good luck and good hunting. Mark

Back
Top Bottom