Steve's Detector Rods

JNimons

Forum Supporter
I recently upgraded to one of Steves' rods, and all I can say is wow. I absolutely love it. With the weighted tube, it balances absolutely perfectly. And, its sexy as hell!...lol

As good as Steves' product is, Steves customer service and him as a person are even better!

If you are thinking about a carbon rod upgrade....Look no further! Thank you Steve!

JNimons -- THANK YOU for the kind words, my friend! I'm so glad you are pleased with the shaft, and the balance provided by the counterweight. And with the green-and-black Snake Skinz you added, I agree that it looks great!

THANK YOU!

Steve

looks nice! What's the mechanism for adjusting shaft length? how small does it compact? and what is the extra length on the control box for?

thanks!

John,

The mechanism for adjusting shaft length on my shafts is my custom, heavy-duty cam lock; it's a clamp-type cam lock, and dare I say is among the best cam locks out there. My "standard" two-piece shaft collapses to about 39", but that can be decreased easily -- if necessary -- by producing a custom design that meets your needs (I can even do 3-piece "travel" shafts, if you need an even more compact option).

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the "extra length on the control box," but if you mean the black tube that extends to the rear of the arm cuff, that is my optional counterweight system -- a tube with sealed bags of lead shot enclosed, which is designed to address the nose-heaviness of the unit to yield a more comfortable, balanced machine that reduces fatigue on a long hunt.

Please let me know if you have questions, or need additional information.

THANKS!

Steve

email: [email protected]

And another thumbs up for Steve's rods. The counterbalance makes swinging the 11" coil a breeze where I got arm and shoulder fatigue with the stock rod.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 307
DiggingThePNW -- outstanding! So glad to hear it!

stetam -- THANKS for the kind words! I love hearing that you are able to hunt longer/more comfortably!

Steve

They

Look nice , I have two 2nd hand Steves lower rods , fit great on Plugger , but now he is out of business , will keep him in mind in the future :thumbsup:

CallMeGrey -- that is SO funny, LOL! Yes, everyone here does deserve a commission! Thank you ALL for the kind words!

Surf Master -- I am glad to have helped, and would love to do so any time you need help in the future.

Thank you all!!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom