• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

VDI Numbers

NCBounty15

Forum Supporter
I was looking for a good list of VDI numbers and their corresponding targets. Anyone have a nice list that is pretty reliable. I'm still trying to learn my M6, and the rain isn't helping! Just thought I'd study my VDI numbers in the meantime. Thanks, HH
NC

This is the one I use for the DFX. I don't know the M6, but I think if it runs at around 6.6Khz, I think the first column in this chart should work or be pretty close.

http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/images/DFX_VDI_Norm_1.jpg

I don't know how he put this together, whether from digging or air testing, and I'm not sure if that matters. (I seem to get clad quarters in the ground at 84, for example, maybe its just me, I dunno), but it is close enough for me.

It would be nice to have a chart that included some older and obsolete coins. I saw one once, but can't remember where it was. For example, the large copper I recently dug was at 88-89.

HTH

Don't know if this will help you out since this is for the MXT. Good luck.

Target VDI Range Some Possible MXT Targets found in this VDI Range:
-95 to - 20 Antique iron relics, Iron nails, rusty iron junk, hotrocks
-20 to 0 Small gold nuggets, gold earrings, gold chains, small bits of iron, gum wrappers, small bits of foil
0 to 15 Platinum rings, smallest gold rings, gold earrings, gold nuggets, sterling chains, Larger foil pieces, gum wrappers, bits of chopped aluminum cans
15 to 30 Most gold rings, Gold nuggets, Gold $1, Nickels, oval pull tabs, bent tabs, bits of chopped aluminum cans, zipper tabs
30 to 45 Largest gold rings, Larger gold nuggets, Gold $2.50, Copper Nickel cents (1856 to 1864), Silver War Nickels, Most square pulltabs, iron bottle caps, small aluminum screw caps, Costume jewelry
45 to 60 Gold $5, Corroded zinc cents, 3 cent silver, Zinc potmetal junk, Costume jewelry, Brass keys, small aluminum screwcaps
60 to 70 Indian Head Cents, Small Sterling earrings, Zinc Cents, hotwheels cars, larger aluminum screwcaps
70 to 78 Gold $10, Modern Copper cents, Half cents, two cent pieces, Small Sterling rings and Sterling jewelry, hotwheels cars
79 to 81 Gold $20, Sterling silver rings, Clad or silver dimes
82 to 88 Clad or silver quarters, Heavy Sterling silver rings, Sacajewea "golden" dollars, SB Anthony dollars, buried brass sprinkler heads
89 to 92 Clad or silver halves, large cents, buried brass sprinkler heads
93 to 94 Clad Eisenhower or silver dollars, large copper pipes

Back
Top Bottom