Class ring info wanted

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
My wife dabbles buying and selling jewelry, etc. She bought some jewelry online and this is one of the rings that was in the package. It is a class ring that has an oblong stone (never saw one like that), it says State Champions on the top and TUCUMCARl on the side and also says 2002 on the side. Other side says TIXIER on the symbol of the football helmet it say MGR and below that says 11-2 Inside the ring band has a mark that she can't make out and -ULT then Mathew Tixier inscribed. She tested it with 18k acid and it test positive, her testing kit only test to 18k. Not sure if they are real but it has a giant amethyst and 4 small diamonds. Just curious if any of you might have any info about the ring. Hoping it will be worth some good $$$. Thanks! Steve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 455
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 398
No real info, other than Tucumcari was Class 2-a champions in 2002, and he was a sophomore, so probably an equipment manager. My mother lived in San Jon, and I have been to Tucumcari multiple times. Im guessing its a pretty good find for a buy, and being a champinship ring, the State/District governing high school sports authority would have helped with the cost, as well as giving the school a grant/bonus for the win, so more than likely, all real.

Found a jeweler and he told my wife that he would give her a free estimate on it, if there is any value he will give her signed paper work but he didn't say what he would charge for that. Bringing it to him tomorrow morning, will let you all know how it goes. Never gave it a thought frankiefry that it is the shape of a football but I bet that you are right.

Its not gold Steve...

Ultrium is a non-precious metal alloy with a small amount of nickel.

Other metals also can fool test kits. If you got a little gold just send it to ARA to be melted. They'll know real quick if it's junk. Not sure how many Championship rings are 18k? It doesn't hold up as well as 10k. My buddies college football Championship ring is only 10k. But a lot of 10k:shock::laughing:

Went to the jewelers today, the ring is basically stainless steel. not worth much at all. Thanks for the info everyone.

Back
Top Bottom