Has anyone bought a Makro Racer 2 and kept it?

Terry, I can vouch for Brian, aka CalCobra, he has been in this game alooooong time!

Good enough for me!

Sorry Cal_Cobra, it just seemed strange that in 2 years you've posted 3 times all in on the Makro/Nokta threads. But then I've seen strange before.

Really, I'm calling an end to my grudge with the Turkey manufacturer's. They have the right to pick the tester's of their choice and let the users determine the reviews worth.

And once again I say they do make a fine detector. I loved my R2. My Red Racer not so much, but it is still a fine detector for the money.

In fact I'm thinking real hard about a F75 DST.

Last edited:
3 posts in the last 2 years and all about the Makro/Nokta? HUM!

Some of us work a lot, and have limited amounts of time to post, so have to pick and choose which forums to invest our limited amount of time into (not to bash this fine forum, just don't have unlimited amounts of free time).

You can find me on Findmall, dankowskidetectors, and treasurenet mostly (same user name).

dankowskidetectors:

Findmall:

treasurenet:
Total Posts: 570

Oh yeah two treasurenet banner finds to boot (one with my F75 LTD, the other last year with my Racer2): http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/12079.html

Also can see some of my finds in the this years Best Finds edition of Western & Eastern Treasures magazine.

So yeah, HUM eh?

Good enough for me!

Sorry Cal_Cobra, it just seemed strange that in 2 years you've posted 3 times all in on the Makro/Nokta threads. But then I've seen strange before.

Really, I'm calling an end to my grudge with the Turkey manufacturer's. They have the right to pick the tester's of their choice and let the users determine the reviews worth.

And once again I say they do make a fine detector. I loved my R2. My Red Racer not so much, but it is still a fine detector for the money.

Still no plans to ever own one again. In fact I'm thinking real hard about a F75 DST.

Detector,
Thank you for your kindness and humbleness.
I really believe we misunderstood each other when it comes down to this whole subject of ''testers''. Here I am, as the Sales & Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro telling you, let's put this all behind us ..and I am reaching out to you for a handshake - this is regardless of the fact whether you will use our product or not again.

In addition, to prove that we really pick testers with the best intentions and to be able to provide the best units to end users, I am now offering you publicly to be involved in our next project development and testing stage. If you agree, I will contact you privately….if not, like I said before, let's shake hands at least and be on good terms on this platform. Fair?

Dilek

Detector,
I really believe we misunderstood each other when it comes down to this whole subject of ''testers''. Here I am, as the Sales & Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro telling you, let's put this all behind us ..and I am reaching out to you for a handshake - this is regardless of the fact whether you will use our product or not again.

In addition, to prove that we really pick testers with the best intentions and to be able to provide the best units to end users, I am now offering you publicly to be involved in our next project development and testing stage. If you agree, I will contact you privately….if not, like I said before, let's shake hands at least and be on good terms on this platform. Fair?

Dilek

Dilek I would be honored but not necessary.

I agree I do feel I over reacted to a simple situation. I'm sure you care about the tester's you chose. At the time I just felt seeing the same old tests were really showing us buyers nothing new. I was being closed minded. Your company has gone far beyond what I've seen from any other company's to give the customers what they ask for. So rare these days.

You make a fine detector and as I have said many times I loved my R2. As close to a do-it-all detector as I had owned. I'm sure the Impact is as good or surpasses the R2. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong about Makro and Nokta. But I never let that reflect in my honest opinions of the detectors you make. I do care about my reputation so I will always be honest in my opinion. Doesn't make me right, but simply honest.

Again, I apologize for being unfair in my remarks about Makro & Nakota.

You continue to follow your current path and you will become a name to be reckoned with.

And Cal_Cobra, please accept my apologies.

I agree I do feel I over reacted to a simple situation. I'm sure you care about the tester's you chose. At the time I just felt seeing the same old tests were really showing us buyers nothing new. I was being closed minded. Your company has gone far beyond what I've seen from any other company's to give the customers what they ask for. So rare these days.

You make a fine detector and as I have said many times I loved my R2. As close to a do-it-all detector as I had owned. I'm sure the Impact is as good or surpasses the R2. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I was wrong about Makro and Nokta. But I never let that reflect in my honest opinions of the detectors you make. I do care about my reputation so I will always be honest in my opinion. Doesn't make me right, but simply honest.

Again, I apologize for being unfair in my remarks about Makro & Nakota.

You continue to follow your current path and you will become a name to be reckoned with.

And Cal_Cobra, please accept my apologies.

A HUGE THANK YOU ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND COMPANY FOR THESE KIND REMARKS!

We will continue our current path... and I sincerely believe that the support of our valued customers and remarks such as yours above will push us towards our goal and help us to get there faster!

Alrighty then. Let's all sing Kumbaya and close this thread on a good note. :D
Lol, betting most will agree to that. Intertwining and informative read though.

HH all Don

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

A HUGE THANK YOU ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND COMPANY FOR THESE KIND REMARKS!

We will continue our current path... and I sincerely believe that the support of our valued customers and remarks such as yours above will push us towards our goal and help us to get there faster!
I've been following your responses. ^^^^this is great customer service that I wish the other Big-4 (Minelab, 1st Texas, Whites, and Garrett) provided.

Not sure if you read my previous post (1st page of this thread) about the not-so-satisfactory results some tourists had with their equipment (Racer 2 and Impact), but let me extend a friendly greeting and offer to meet. If you find yourselves in Northeast Florida (Jacksonville / St. Augustine) send a PM to me. I'd love to have you, as master of your equipment, demonstrate some of your machines and see if we can qualify the machines as good as the internet videos. I'll show you around the oldest city in the USA (c.1565) and buy you a round just for showing up. If the equipment performs as well as a select few claim, (equal to my multi-frequency Minelabs), I'll post an unbiased review AND buy a unit.

Cheers!

-David

Last edited:
But but but that guy said it was gonna replace the etrac, dominate the f75, replace the at pro.... are you guys saying a shill duped us with those claims!

I replaced a brand new F75SE for a Makro Racer... and it absolutely Kills the F75, and my AT Pro. the F75SE is probably the worse detector I ever owned. Even with the DST, it got a lot of EMI, and bouncy signals where other machines are quiet as can be.. it don't take anything but a look to see all the F75's out there for sale, that are like new...In Fact on another forum... There is an exact thread about all the F75's out there for sale, so quick, so LOL.... Lots of all models for sale, maybe they were all "shilled".....

I'm sure glad i didn't base my purchase of the Racer 2 on this thread. I'd have missed a great machine.
I'm not an expert on detectors, and would probably classify myself more as a a fledgling beginner, having only run an MXT all pro for 1 year and then probably just scratching the surface on its capabilities.

Someone said the Racer 2 isn't a detector for beginners. I disagree. I think it is perfect for beginners. Set it on 3 tone and factory setting and it will do anything a beginner could ask. Then when one gets more comfortable, they can expand their knowledge and try different settings.

I took my racer 2 out the first night I got it and sniffed out a wheat penny in a heavily infested bottle cap area that I had beat to death with my MXT in 5 minutes using the 5" coil and factory settings. I think it will be perfect in the trashy homesteads I've been hunting.

Today I went out and found a Rosie about 10 feet from where I found a Rosie with the MXT last week, still using the factory settings, but a larger coil.

So now that I have confidence that this machine can find what I'm after, I can start playing around with other modes and features.

Testing the deep mode on a few finds showed that it is definitely a deep mode. Hopefully it will do great in low trash fields.

I realize its great to be so good you can bash and trash others and their detectors because you are so good you can realize their shortcomings, but most people would just appreciate good unbiased evaluations of detectors, their positive features, and their shortcomings.

This thread just proved to me that even the most expert detectors cant even agree on what the good and bad features of a detector are. How are the beginners or someone wanting to step up from their cheap Christmas gift supposed to ?

(and that's not counting the Sac dollar and 3 quarters I found in the barn at the fairgrounds where I was testing the settings on the R2 this afternoon in the rain.)

Last edited:
Here in the Nor'east. My impact has killed my atp and etrac hands down. No competition....
I've found coins and stuff neither of the others even saw...

I know nothing of the Racer2....
In what ways did it kill the other machines? Just curious, from a potential future purchaser.

I'm sure glad i didn't base my purchase of the Racer 2 on this thread. I'd have missed a great machine.
I'm not an expert on detectors, and would probably classify myself more as a a fledgling beginner, having only run an MXT all pro for 1 year and then probably just scratching the surface on its capabilities.

Someone said the Racer 2 isn't a detector for beginners. I disagree. I think it is perfect for beginners. Set it on 3 tone and factory setting and it will do anything a beginner could ask. Then when one gets more comfortable, they can expand their knowledge and try different settings.

I took my racer 2 out the first night I got it and sniffed out a wheat penny in a heavily infested bottle cap area that I had beat to death with my MXT in 5 minutes using the 5" coil and factory settings. I think it will be perfect in the trashy homesteads I've been hunting.

Today I went out and found a Rosie about 10 feet from where I found a Rosie with the MXT last week, still using the factory settings, but a larger coil.

So now that I have confidence that this machine can find what I'm after, I can start playing around with other modes and features.

Testing the deep mode on a few finds showed that it is definitely a deep mode. Hopefully it will do great in low trash fields.

I realize its great to be so good you can bash and trash others and their detectors because you are so good you can realize their shortcomings, but most people would just appreciate good unbiased evaluations of detectors, their positive features, and their shortcomings.

This thread just proved to me that even the most expert detectors cant even agree on what the good and bad features of a detector are. How are the beginners or someone wanting to step up from their cheap Christmas gift supposed to ?

(and that's not counting the Sac dollar and 3 quarters I found in the barn at the fairgrounds where I was testing the settings on the R2 this afternoon in the rain.)

I am glad you are enjoying your new detector.
Nice finds too thus far.
Keep them coming.
Detector performs above average in iron- no doubt about it.
My experiences anyway.

You are 100 percent correct in all you said..We all have our opinions,some like this and some like that.But at the end of the day there are no (experts) here,just people's views.
A good example is Andy S,,he writes books on machines.Ive read them all,and ran the machines.Imo he couldn't be more wrong in half of what he says,but that's my opinion ,,and his opinion.At the end of the day only my opinion counts.

In what ways did it kill the other machines? Just curious, from a potential future purchaser.

In every which way to Sunday.
Multiple frequencies at the push of a button on the fly. Killer!
Updates online.
12 different search modes
3 all metal modes.
Special COG mode for conductive ground, IE, black sand beaches.
Customizable audio tones and tone breaks.
Simple menu system.
Superior screen.
Super accurate ID's
Great depth.
Just to name a couple...

In every which way to Sunday.
Multiple frequencies at the push of a button on the fly. Killer!
Updates online.
12 different search modes
3 all metal modes.
Special COG mode for conductive ground, IE, black sand beaches.
Customizable audio tones and tone breaks.
Simple menu system.
Superior screen.
Super accurate ID's
Great depth.
Just to name a couple...

Man does that ever sound good.lol..I've got the cash for one but been holdin out to see if one comes up Used.

I know you didn't ask me the question here.
Will share a few things.
I tested Impact prerelease.

That 4x7.5" coil when using 20khz is one heat seeking coil for coins, etc in iron and nails.
Audio is real good,,and it tonally transitions nicely in the iron too.
Not hard to operate.
In milder ground,,,deep.
Is also nice to hunt in real junky and trashy sites,,,even those with can slaw.
Users have a lot of options on how to run.
Some folks have been it seems buying Impacts,,,from what I am seeing most are very pleased with.
I am a Deus fan,,,,but Deus in trashy aluminum site - nightmare detector,,,better to go Impact route.
I am an Impact fan too- more in the fall, winter, and early spring when these old houses are accessible to hunt. Then it's time to break out Impact,,leave the Deus at home.

Hope this helps.

In a nutshell. My Impact is as stated before, a whole closet of machines in one. I think it is unique unto itself. It is a very complex machine that is simple to use. That is hard to describe but true.

Detector,

Dilek

Well,I’m wanted resurrect this thread and find out if Detector was ever contacted and given the opportunity to test a new machine? There have been a few new releases from Makro since this thread,just curious what his thoughts were on his test unit and which one?

Hey Detector,I was just looking through some threads last fall and wondered if Dilek ever contacted yo to test anything out,lots of releases since the offer was made to you.

Back
Top Bottom