Finds are Improving Slightly

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Took another dive at my favorite beach today. Water is getting a tad warmer. Still can't make two dives there though. Found a 1947 quarter and 3 wheat's. Oldest wheat is 1928. Also got a 1942 king George.

I don't know what the one brass thing is. It is from a bank in the Hammond building in Detroit. The Hammond building was completed in 1889 and demolished in 1956.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammond_Building

My problem with this beach is it is totally different from last year. I haven't been able to figure out where I was last year and where I need to go this year. I still haven't found many of my landmarks. The one main one I found is the footing of this tower that was out in the water. This picture was taken in 1917. The funny thing about this tower is you can see people wading past it. Now the footings are in approximately 8 foot of water.

Anyway, I will find everything I did last year I am sure. Just will take time and patience.

I was going to say the same thing. Those key tags are great.

I wonder if they dredged it out or something? I does not seem possible that the water level could be 8 feet higher.
Is there an old river map that shows depths that you have access to to show some beach detail? Good luck finding that sweet spot! :thumbsup:

great pix scuba. Fun key fobs. And I never get tired of finding blackened silver coins. Heck, they wouldn't be half as fun if they came out all candy-apple-clean, now would they ? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom