I Worked Hard Today

beephead

Elite Member
On my way to a site that I was going to detect I came across an estate sale, so I decided to take a look. They didn't have anything that I wanted except for some extension ladder guard bumpers that I got for a dollar.

Before I left I asked permission to detect the yard and got a yes. I thought for sure that I'd score some silver on this mid-fifties home site, but it didn't happen. As I was loading up I saw a guy out in his yard across the street, so I went over there to see if I could get permission to detect his yard. He was nice and said have it. Again I came up empty.

I decided to go back to the last site that I detected where I found those 3 silver dimes and all those wheat pennies to see what else I could unearth. I finally cornered a 1954 silver quarter and few more wheat pennies before giving up on that site.

As I was heading home I stopped at another site that I've detected before to give it another going over. After a lot of swinging I got a nice sweet high tone and the VDI numbers were floating upward to the mid-fifties. I wasn't sure if it was a silver dime or a quarter, but whatever it was it was under a big root. I had to dig down beside the root to get to the coin. It turned out to be a slick Standing Liberty. I don't know how I ever missed that one when I first hunted the yard, but I sure did.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_1265.JPG
    IMG_1265.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 536
Nice quattas I've got to find an area to hunt with richer folks I like dimes and all but I'd lover some quarters

Never give up,never surrender! That’s some pereseverance there Beep!
And in the end,there’s silver in the pocket. Quest over.
Great example of what it takes sometimes to complete the mission,very nice work!:grin:

Nice quattas I've got to find an area to hunt with richer folks I like dimes and all but I'd lover some quarters
Thanks! For sure, people lose dimes more than they do quarters.

Never give up,never surrender! That’s some pereseverance there Beep!
And in the end,there’s silver in the pocket. Quest over.
Great example of what it takes sometimes to complete the mission,very nice work!:grin:
Thanks! I wasn't wanting to go home without any silver.

Congrats on another sweet hunt - didn't give up and grabbed the silver!!!

noticed you were running the Fisher today.........
Thanks! I wanted to run the Omega but the EMI where I was detecting today was a little too rough for it. It's a dream to use when there's not much EMI to contend with. It loves silver and is super fun to use!

Alright nice score! Congrats!
Thanks!

Nice! Hard work pays off,those slq don’t come easy..congrats
Thanks! I'm always surprised when a SLQ pops out of the ground.

Congrats on the SLQ. One of my favorite coins.
Thanks, me too! I seemed to be attracted to Rosie dimes. LOL

beephead

Way to go on the silver. I'm envious of the SLQ, can't seem to get one of them if my life depended on it.

Spot hopping multiple dead zones gets to be hard work, for sure. Your persistence paid off. Your silver Q duo ain't too shabby!
Thanks! I love finding silver quarters.

Man! You hop old silver spots like a guy hops totters! Nice work Beep!
Thanks! If the silver coins aren't biting you have to move to better location.

Way to go on the silver. I'm envious of the SLQ, can't seem to get one of them if my life depended on it.
Thanks! I'm always surprised when I dig one. Most of them ID slightly lower than a Washington quarter. I wonder why most are so worn thin?

A very good day indeed - congrats !
Thanks! Any day out detecting is better than sitting at home.

beephead

Congrats on your two silver quarters. Silver finds makes the day.

Back
Top Bottom