Gold ring - 14K, soccer field dirt. #14 gold, and #187 ring FTY. UPDATE (Video added)

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Spent a long hunt today, hitting a massive soccer field complex at the east end of a nearby city (Translate, the place "farthest from" me.).

I usually don't find a whole bunch, when I hunt there, but with enough hours in soccer field edges, I usually will pull a ring or two (best I've ever done here is is silver rings, though)

Today, I struck gold! I spent 5 total hours at the field, and was barely squeaking by $1.00 an hour in change (which is pretty poor for me, and my 14.5" coil). But I was there for 5-hour duration, having taken the day off. In fact, I was there, BECAUSE I needed a day off. Work has had me slammed, and I just needed a bit of a break, and to be isolated from people. This park usually will see 1 person an hour walking 1/4 mile away. Today was no different.

2 hours into the hunt (and only $1.60 in change) I hit the first tiny kid's ring... but at least it was a ring... That boosted my spirits, and I got out of my "work head" into my "zone." Very relaxing.

About 90 minutes later, (3.5 hours into the hunt), I hit a solid 60 signal on the AT Pro. I even noted to myself, "Self, that's really weird... solid 60..." I dropped to my knee and cut the plug, actually saying out loud, "Oh, PLEAAASE be a ring.. Please be a ring, please be a ..." And then the gold showed.

I literally SCREAMED "YESS!" With both arms lifted into the air. I made myself laugh... I looked around, and there wasn't anyone anywhere. 3/4 of a mile in any direction (beyond that was trees)... So I did it again, just for kicks and giggles.

14K Gold band. Weighed up at 4.59 grams. Totally made my day. At today's spot, that's about $107.

I pulled another ring out not 2 minutes later at at 54 signal (but it turned out to be junk... :( But still. A three ring day, with gold in the middle? That's success in my book!

I was sending in a shipment to ARA tomorrow anyway, to pay for my oldest son's Christmas presents and this just boosted what he'll get out of me. LOL

I was super stoked the rest of the day. Just what I needed after a long hard week.

Gold #14 FTY, & Ring #187 FTY Just 15 more to go. Getting colder out though... was 22 today, when I started, and topped out at 36.

UPDATE: Here's the video of just after I found it. (still in the hole)

DIRECT LINK IF VIDEO DOES NOT WORK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsPtIhf0yvo

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3881.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_3882.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Dirt gold! No easy task !!!

I should have taken a picture of what was in the trash pouch. I'd concur... strongly. today was definitely a "work for it through the trash" day... lots and lots and lots of trash! Was glad to have it pay off.

I remember standing at the end of the next line on the grid, looking around, and feeling very grateful that in a 160+ acre sports complex (seriously... I looked it up), that I managed to find something that was 1/2" across.

It's a big place, with a WHOLE lotta trash (a bunch in the fill-dirt, too).

Skippy

Good on ya for taking the day off and getting your head screwed on straight! To a guy that can find as much gold as you do, having a job is one heck of a nuisance! Way to get in the Zone Skip! I love those plain bands...Nice!

Congrats on the dirt yellow. Pulled on myself last weekend so I know the feeling. Great way to fund your xmas shopping...Continued success.

Nice ring, congrats! Your pouch must've been full of pull-tabs!

I actually went and dumped my pouch thinking it must be that way... I think there were maybe 20 in there. I probably skipped 400 of them, though. The signals were about 1 every swing, at least. LOTS of trash. Anytime I could fairly definitively rule out that it was trash, I would. Anytime I couldn't be positive, it got dug up. There was LOTS of iron signals, though (in the fill dirt), and lots of deep signals, that were large metal (ring up as 1-2" deep, but wouldn't even hit the pin pointer with a plug dug...).. so I did way more digging than I did actual recovery. You can see a few of the large chunks that I did actually pull (they were early on in the hunt, and I stopped recovering them, when I could tell they were 6+ inches and "faked me out" with the signal..> no point in digging deeper to be pulling that garbage, when I could just fold the plug back and keep on going...)

But here's the trash pile (as you'll see, there wasn't nearly as much trash as expected... But it was a nasty trash day!)

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpg
    IMG_3884.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom