Spanish Silver maybe? Copper spoon.. Northern Ca.

JackalopeZL1

Elite Member
Hi Folks, I went out today to enjoy this beautiful weather we are having in northern Ca today to search for my gold coin that I still know is out there. I went to my friends 200 acres that has had some gold rush activity (there is a cemetery that dates to 1852 boardering his property). I ended up finding a bunch of square nails and a copper spoon with some Fancy on it. Not sure when copper spoons were used but I assume it is very old at least for Ca.. When did they use copper spoons?

Then towards the end of the day I thought I was going to be digging a Indian finally. I got a solid 12-34 on the CTX. I popped the plug and found a small square nail in one side of the hole then this extremely thin broken piece of what appears to be silver. If it is a Spanish is it extremely worn and has nothing on it that I can see. One time I thought I saw a A or a V but maybe it was my eyes wishing it is a Spanish. I would show you the other side but it is equally as smooth. What do you folks think? Possible?

On a side not I found my 1811 5 frances as the crow flys about .5 miles from here as well as a few Chinese cash coins..

Attachments

• small reale.jpg
    small reale.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Small spoon.jpg
    Small spoon.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 124
  • small spoon 1.jpg
    small spoon 1.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I bet it is, makes sense more or less!

Unfortunately I’ll have to call in sick and come up and hunt with you to verify :laughing: I have silver acid to bring to sweeten the deal :lol:

We all can dream no? :)

Very cool finds, I’m betting so!

I bet it is, makes sense more or less!

Unfortunately I’ll have to call in sick and come up and hunt with you to verify :laughing: I have silver acid to bring to sweeten the deal :lol:

We all can dream no? :)

Very cool finds, I’m betting so!

I like what Kurt from the Hoover boys calls them. "mental health days"

That makes sense to me! And the Dreaming is what it is all about. That is all I found today in 5 hrs besides a bunch of Squarenails and Shot gun head stamps. But it was fun dreaming!!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom